Advice around continuing with a sperm donor

Vintageling

Reaction score
We have to continue with a sperm donor we will be sticking with the fertility clinic to do this but has anyone else needed to use a donor how does it work ? Do you get to pick the donor that is used ? Is it 100% ivf in the UK with a donor or do they do iui ?
I don't know anything yet as they are doing one last attempt at a sperm analysis for my other half for his peace of mind.

We have to continue with a sperm donor we will be sticking with the fertility clinic to do this but has anyone else needed to use a donor how does it work ? Do you get to pick the donor that is used ? Is it 100% ivf in the UK with a donor or do they do iui ?
I don't know anything yet as they are doing one last attempt at a sperm analysis for my other half for his peace of mind.

I don’t know too much about sperm donors but I know that with with some egg donors you get given ‘profiles’ to pick from. I know a lot of sperm donors want anonymity so I would imagine if there are options it would be for basics like hair colour ethnicity etc.

I believe in the uk the do ivf with sperm donors because the success rate is so much higher but I’m not 100% sure.

The clinic will be able to answer all of these questions for you though when you have your consultation. X

Yea we want to pick so that may be baby can look more one my other half becuase he has greek in him so he's dark hair brown eyes always tanned and is even darker in the summer you wouldn't think it by looking at his mum who is fair haired pale like me but he takes after his dad big time.
I'm just hoping we get to pick even just the basics that's all we want is to get someone with a darker complexion

I would recommend asking your clinic, they will be the best source of info. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back