Advice about uti

Pumpkin9

Reaction score
I think I have a uti- I've had them in the past so think I've spotted the symptoms, this time round they are milder though.

Basically need to pee abit more- stings abit at the end of peeing (although I've been drinking lots of water so this has pretty much stopped) and my ursine smells abit different than normal.

I was hoping, and think I can get rid if this myself by flushing my system through with fluids but im now starting to wonder if I should go to the doctor because the nhs website suggests you should if you are pregnant.

Any ideas??

Always best to go to dr when pregnant with a uti as they like to be safe and check it out.

Definitely go to the doctor Pumpkin. If its bad enough to need antibiotics they can give you one that's safe for pregnancy. Good luck xxx

Went to docs- confirmed uti so now have some antibiotics to take.

So glad I did as its got worse since then.

Thanks for the support and advice ladies

Cranberry juice should help too xx

I hope you feel better soon. I had a stinking one just before my bfp-I was even peeing blood. I found those cystapurin (think that's what their called) sachets really really helped. I also drank insane amounts of water and cranberry juice. They also really helped. xxx

Glad you went to the drs and now how antiB's for them. Undiagnosed UTI's can lead to early labour which is why the NHS sys to visit the doctor and it is one of the things the Midwife is checking for when they check your urine, along with glucose and other exciting things! lol

Glad you've been to the doctor and got antibiotics for it! Like someone already mentioned UTI's can bring on early labour so at anytime during pregnancy you believe you have one get yourself straight to your gp. I have had them constantly through my pregnancy and been referred to consultant at hospital who has put me on a constant antibiotic until i have the baby to help prevent me getting anymore. Also they've checked my kidney functions to make sure there is no underlying condition. Hope your feeling better. Xx

Always go to the doctors when you think you have a uti chick, my midwife told me that uti's and pregnancy do not mix! I've had quite a few in my pregnancy, i even had one so bad in my first trimester that i was in hospital for a week(I think they kept me in mainly because they thought was an ectopic)! super easy to get rid of with antibiotics! Drink lots of water to prevent it from coming back! :)xxx

Thanks bbee. I've been quite used to them in the past (unfortunately) but this one took me by surprise I actually think I drunk too much water before the scan and between that and holding it too long I got the uti! Am moderating my water intake abit more now

Sorry to hijack ladies but it seemed pointless starting a new thread! Doc tested my sample on tues @ showed a presence of setting beginning with 'L' which basically indicated white blood cells. He decided to send sample off the hospital to confirm without prescribing and said they'd be back today but they're not as of yet! Slightly concerned given what Bbee has said in her post. I'm not in any pain but I am peeing little and often feeling like i am bursting. Any advice? xx

Don't worry chick! Just drink lots of water in the meantime to try and flush it out! Don't worry. Also cranberry juice is very good too! Xxx

That's what I'm doing! Can't understand why they prescribe when those dip tests show presence of red blood cells or protein but this has to be sent off...they don't half make you worry xx

I'm not sure! Maybe only a minuscule has been traced so they've sent it away to see if you'll need antibiotics? As they'll only want to give you antibiotics if necessary!
I went in a couple of weeks ago thinking I had a water infection and the doctor said that there could be an infection so he sent it off to hospital and it turns out I didn't! Don't worry :)xxx

That gives me some comfort now - thanks :D xx

I'd chase it up. I had traces of blood in my urine. I was given antibiotics and a sample sent off for testing to make sure I was given the correct ones

I rang at lunch and still not back - I might try again when I get home & if they're still not back do you think I should call MW?

Iwitch it sounds like you have Leucocytes in your urine. Presence of Leucocytes does not automatically mean a uti-Woman often have Leucocytes it their urine when dipsticked and it doesnt always mean an infection. The lab will be able to measure exactly how many there are in it which will determine weather or not you need antibiotics. If you had a bad uti that would have more than just Leucocytes in it so try not to worry. And continue drinking as much as you possibly can xxxx

Thanks Rednursie - that is exactly what was present and if that's the case then I'm guessing it'll be an NFA xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back