Adverse reaction to whooping cough immunization

mireia

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant, expecting a baby girl. Two days ago I recived the whooping cough jab in my left upper arm and fourteen hours after I developed a high temperature, chills and body aches. After 24 hours I'm feeling better and I don't have a temperature. Has anyone else experience an adverse reaction to the vaccine?

Thanks

I am having mine on Friday so will keep an eye on this thread. Did you call your mw or doctor about it. I have heard it can give you a sore arm but not heard people feeling like you did. Hope your feeling better now.

I called my doctor and she said that is rare but some people develop an adverse reaction. I read the Boostrix (whopping cough immunization) leaflet online and it list chills and low grade fever as common side effects. I'm feeling much better but I'm worried about the effects on my baby .

When I had mine the nurse told me that I may feel like I'm coming down with a cold but it would pass in a few days xx

I had something similar when I was expecting my daughter. I had the jab then for three days after felt like I had a flu bug the nurse said it may happen depending on how ur immune system responds to it xx

This is interesting. I had mine on Monday past (30 weeks on the dot). Sore arm Monday, a bit like having a dead arm. Tuesday morning = felt like death. Really light headed, almost to the point of fainting, but never actually hit the floor. Generally felt run down all day and like I had been hit by a bus. Arm still dead
Wednesday morning - nothing major to report. Arm still tender to the touch, but at least I could lift it about shoulder height.
Thursday - Much the same as Tuesday. Felt like I had been hit by a bus. Arm still tender to the touch, but moving much more freely.
Friday - nothing to report.
Saturday morning - similar to Tuesday and Thursday really, but lasted only part of the day, and significantly improved.

I wonder if it was something relating to the vaccine, or if it had something to so with starting iron tablets also on Monday, or a combination of the two?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back