Ads on Desktop Site

Sugarpop

Reaction score
can I just say, trying to use this forum on a desktop is near impossible. You can’t click many options because you have two lots of adds over lapping / over running the main forum space.

can I just say, trying to use this forum on a desktop is near impossible. You can’t click many options because you have two lots of adds over lapping / over running the main forum space.
This happened to me yesterday sugarpop. How annoying is it!!!

I’ve never used it on desktop before but I literally could click NOTHING other than being redirected to Debenhams from the ads!

We can get ads removed if they're interfering with navigation. If you can submit as much of the info below as possible I can report them. The ads are geographically targeted. That's why we need the location.

1. Location/Country
2. Device (desktop/mobile/operating system)
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence.

1. UK
2. Laptop
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Debenhams - - Sloggi
5. Can't do this
6. The ads cover 2 inches of screen on left and right sides, top to bottom. They overlap the forum so I can't click on msgs, notifications, type text without moving screen, or even click on forum threads. They are there 50% of the time and there is no way to get rid of them except with an ad blocker.
7. They come up on all pages.
8. I've used an ad blocker now but they've been there on and off since the forum was updated. I particularly noticed them yesterday 22 April 2019.

@Sunflower1
To take a screenshot, press the "printscrn" button on the keyboard, then paste the image in "paint" or any other drawing program and save it.

Mine seems to be the same as sunflower, its the sloggi ad that's quite big and in the way. Shall look at getting an ad blocker!

I think I found the ad people are complaining about. It needs to be fixed.

sloggi.jpg sloggi2.jpg

This is the ad that is driving me absolutely mad.
I can’t use the forum on my laptop at all. I have tried internet explorer and google chrome. And have set up as blocker on both but still
Getting them.
When will this be sorted :( x
I managed to block them on Mozilla Firefox with an adblocker add on.

I am now also getting the sloggi ads! Can we not just get rid of the overlay ads? We already have an ad in the header bar and sidebar...

I added a promotion so people who have been registered 90 days and have 100 posts can switch styles. There's 2 other styles available, XF Default and Class. Neither has ads.
For a temporary change use the style changer on the bottom left. For a permanent switch use the style selector in user preferences. (screenshots attached).

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg

1. UK
2. Laptop
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Debenhams - - Sloggi
5. Can't do this
6. The ads cover 2 inches of screen on left and right sides, top to bottom. They overlap the forum so I can't click on msgs, notifications, type text without moving screen, or even click on forum threads. They are there 50% of the time and there is no way to get rid of them except with an ad blocker.
7. They come up on all pages.
8. I've used an ad blocker now but they've been there on and off since the forum was updated. I particularly noticed them yesterday 22 April 2019.

I've the same experience but I'm using Chrome and I'm in the UK.

Chatty Charl has sent me a link to get rid of them so will try that now.

Bambi42 & Debenhams ads.jpg

Am I being thick? I tried to change the format like you said but the ad is over the OK button and it doesn't move when I scroll up and down!

screenshot1.png

Thanks! That worked better than trying to change it before the ad loaded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back