Adding a section...

Emily0505

Reaction score
I was just wondering whether the premature babies section could be expanded or a new section added for special/ extra care babies. For example my little man was in NNU for a week after birth with an infection and was nearly readmitted for excessive weight loss. But, was not a premature baby, infact he was 10 days overdue.

Just a suggestion :)

XX

I second this, my LO is a CONI baby, so wasn't preemie (well overdue!!) but will have continuing care and treated as high risk for quite some time x

Well Cam wasn't in intensive care but yes, something along those lines. Maybe... Special Care Babies?

xx

Lexi-Mai wasn't in NICU either..
I agree with Emily xx

Could you give me some of your situation in brief? ...I see LOs are between 2-3 months old. How would this section help you now? How long do you imagine the suggested forum would help you?

I only ask to get some understanding so hope you don't mind. I'd rather have some understanding to help me with my decision rather it being based on one I don't know ... x

When Cam was just 24 hrs old, we were in the back of an ambulance being rushed from our local mlu to a hospital with a NNU as Cam had a high temp, raised respiratory rate. He was diagnosed with an infection and was on IV antibiotics. We spent a week in hospital which was easily the worst week of my life. Although he is now three months old, that week has been very hard to let go of and i just thought it would be nice to have a specific section for mums who have been in a similar situation with a poorly baby needing extra care. I have wantd to post about it before but tbh wasn't sure which section it would come under. I suppose.it coukd come under b&t or even kids health maybe?

Was just a suggestion hun, and if you think its already covered elsewhere or not necessary then no worries :)

XX

Great idea

Aaron was in NICU & SCBU for 4 weeks, it would have been nice to be able to get some advice from ladies who had been in that position before.

Wobbs -

I would like to be able to pass on my experience of being a mum to a baby in NICU/SCBU as when I was there I got myself into such a state the first three days he was admitted, because I didn't understand a lot of the things that were happening. I felt like I couldn;t be his mum and I was so scared of breaking the "rules" all the time. I completely lost my confidence in myself in the 4 weeks I was there.

I think now I still feel like I've missed out, I feel cheated that in those first 4 weeks I should've been at home with my new family and I can't seem to get past that.

I think a seperate area to cht to other mums and their experiences would be nice

Last edited:
My Megan was in hospital for the first week of her life also. We took her home for less than 24 hours then a checkup the next day at the hospital ended up a weeks stay with infection ... we were told over night when she was at home anything could have happened more importantly she could have stopped breathing.

When she came home it was fantastic but I had terrible bonding issues too. I couldn't stay in with her because we'd left the hospital inbetween :( She was on the SCBU ward.

For those circumstances I am more than sure posting in baby club would be equally as helpful. I know I got plenty of support from the girls over on BabyandBump in the baby club.

I thought you meant ongoing medical problems, etc.

x

We got sent home too, 36 hrs later he had a repeat heart scan and got kept in for 4 weeks.

I just about had a nervous breakdown when they told me they were admitting him, and pretty much demanded to stay with him as I was BF'ing too (well exclusively expressing)

They tried to chuck me out once, cue nervous breakdown number 2 but I stood my ground and they let me stay

sorry to jump in on this thread but i thought with so many twin mummies on here at the moment they might like a multiples section? Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

:-D I've never known do many on here x

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

there blooming everywhere love it though can't wait for new born twin pictures xx

My LO is a CONI, meaning she will have monitoring for a couple of years from HV and hospital. She has apnoea monitors etc..

Didn't know we had a lot of twin Mummies? When you say a lot though do you mean 2-3? :lol:

We do have loads - quite a few in tri 1 too!!! PLus we also have mummies of twinnies here too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back