addicted to chocolate!

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Raaaah! I'm angry at myself because I keep munching on chocolate. I will go to the shops to get lunch, end up coming out with my sarnie, some crisps and 3 choccie bars because "there was a deal on". :wall2:

I think part of my prob is that I have been "dieting" for 3 years, only letting myself have the occasional treat, now I just give in to my cravings.

I'm trying to ensure I get at least 3-4 of my 5 a day but combine that with sweeties and I don't think I have the perfect cocktail.

Anyone else being as naughty as me? Help me feel less guilty!

I am feeling guilty too. Eating loads of biscuits and chocolate, and crisps too. It's terrible... I work from home so the kitchen is just too close by. I need to stop this or I'll gain too much fat and I'm really worried about that already. I'm normally slim and I don't diet. I just eat what I like, but something has gone wrong in my brain and now I'm just eating because I feel like it. Not good.

My only suggestion to you is to make a packed lunch with lots of healthy food and some snacks. Maybe just one small chocolate bar and some dried fruit. That way you don't end up going to the shops to buy lunch, so you can limit yourself to what you've brought with you for the day.

Don't beat yourself up too much, though. When else can a girl just let rip with the chocolate, huh?
x

I like chocolate too!!!

I like Jelly Bears!!!

Salty Chips (mcdonalds mostly))!!

Mostly Carbs but try eat fruit and veg.

I think our bodies just like everything we cant or shouldnt have like it is when we diet!

Like you i was exercising and if i'm conpletely honest wasnt eating properly before i fell pregnant, now im just hungry most of the time :(

xx

I know how you feel, sweet things are not my issue as I have gone off them but carbs are another story!! I was quite controlled with my diet before and ate clean, always ate carbs but in moderate amount.... I am now a woman possessed.... I love bread!! Still manageing my 5+ a day but feeling a little guilty xx

Crisps and carbs are also my enemies!

Glad it isn't just me. I do try to take healthy stuff to work, but my insatiable appetite means I always pop out anyway. My day starts well with healthy cereal and a glass of OJ. Snack is half a sarnie and an apple... but then lunch comes and I buy too many treats.

Karen - you're right that it is the only time I can eat chocolate and get away with it (and I keep using that excuse to my husband), but I am also scared of the aftermath once the Bump is gone and I'm left with Wobbles instead!

Just think hun 9 months to go on and 9 months to come off.... the weight will come off just give yourself time x

i'm addicted to all things unhealthy at the mo too, every morning i have to have a can of coke and a bar of chocolate and then i just crave chocolate/crisps/biscuits all day, i feel like i need to be constantly munching away lol! I just give in to it, after all, once babs is here i'll concentrate on healthy eating and losing some weight but for now i am gonna enjoy and milk pregnancy as much as possible :) xx

i love salt and vinegar crisps yummy!!!

If i thought about it i'm not too bad really. Now im back at work after my week off lol

I have cereal for breaskfast.
satsuma/tangerine for a snack.
cheese sandwich and packet of salt and vinegar for dinner.
Yogurt for afternoon snak or piece of fruit or both.
Tea ill have something homemade E.G. Sausage Cassrole with mash, mushrooms and some other veg
Then maybe a yogurt or a chocolate bar or some fruit after tea

I like OJ atm seems to quench my thirst.

Also i've found it's not always what i eat it my portions! Before i would last on just eating 3 pieces of fruit a day, then a decent sized tea. That would be all. then i would treat myself once a week e.g. fish and chips or a curry etc

Also i've found it's not always what i eat it my portions! Before i would last on just eating 3 pieces of fruit a day, then a decent sized tea. That would be all. then i would treat myself once a week e.g. fish and chips or a curry etc

Haha! Yes, my portions have got crazy too - but I dont mind that too much when it's just too much dinner or a big bowl of cereal. It's when I eat a pack of "sharing" treats to myself in what feels like 10 seconds. :roll:

Usually I'm not bothered about it, but every now and then I will catch myself with this unhealthy grub and have to tell myself off.

Least I go swimming once a week to burn it all off! :shock:

I love this thread! I need to show it to my hubby who thinks my chocolate and take away craving is all in my head (well partly)

I have been on and off diets for years and now that I am pregnant I just don't seem to have the same will power when it comes to the naughty treats; still having fruit and some veg but hoping that my pregnancy vitamins are picking up the slack! x

Haha! Yes, my portions have got crazy too - but I dont mind that too much when it's just too much dinner or a big bowl of cereal. It's when I eat a pack of "sharing" treats to myself in what feels like 10 seconds. :roll:

Usually I'm not bothered about it, but every now and then I will catch myself with this unhealthy grub and have to tell myself off.

Least I go swimming once a week to burn it all off! :shock:

I know exactly what you mean lol!!

I have started Yoga and Pilates 3 times a week hopefully ill brave buying a swimming costume! Maternity ones scare me and i only own a bikinni dont fancy showing off my bump lol

I have gone totally off sweets and chocolate but I am in love with hula hoops and coke!
I try not to drink too much coke but I love it, we have none at home right now and I'm considering going over to the shop to buy some. Eek!

I love carbs, carbs and more carbs!! Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes - bring it on!

I keep saying to myself that I lost a stone due to sickness at the start of my pregnancy so I can afford to put some of it back on :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm the same, I said to hubby the other day that all I seem to think about at the moment is babies and FOOD!!! I was always so disciplined with my eating before but I just can't seem to stop myself eating at the moment! I'm constantly thinking of what I can eat next!
Before I got pregnant I was like 'I'm just gonna carry on eating normally when I get pregnant, I don't understand why people put on so much weight, there's no need' well let's just say I'm eating my words cos its like something takes over!
I'm mad on carbs too, not so fussed about chocolate now but still having some now and again.
Maybe after we have our bubbas we will have to start a diet thread to support each other lol x

Last edited:
even seeing the word chocolate makes me want some x

Hmmmm, weighed myself and apparently for my height and weight before pregnancy I should have gained roughly a stone around now. I have gained a stone and 5lbs.

Will not freak out, it is only 5lbs - but shall resolve to do better!

Oh god, you just made me find an online calculator for this. I weighed myself on Saturday for the first time since my booking in appointment. Apparently I'm OK still, although the numbers make me panic. I'm sure you'll be OK - there's a big range of normal weight gain.

I used http://www.gurgle.com/tools/pregnancy_weight_gain_calendar/default.aspx

Dangerous stuff, doing this. Must not obsess. Luckily I don't own a set of scales, so I only can weigh myself at my parents' house.

Definitely stick to the kinder one! :good: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back