Acrylic Nails?

tetra

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I was just wondering if it's safe to have a set of acrylics put on? I have a set on already from before I found out that i was expecting, so I'd have to get these taken off anyway, but is it safe to get another set put on?

I'm just thinking of fumes and chemicals mainly, methyl methacrylate is strong stuff, but I assume it'd be quite low exposure?

any help appreciated! :) x

I've googled n had mixed responses. I have work acrylics for over 10 years

Had them done when oregnant with by dd who's now 8 and just had a new set last week at 8 weeks pregnant.

It's not a definitive answer but in my opinion it's ok.

In fact I was just reading up on having them when you need an eppidural as some ppl say no nail varnish even :-/ mind field lol!

I've googled as well and found mixed answers too, I mean I assume it's ok unless you work around the fumes constantly, but I just wanted to double check! x

I have had acrylics on for about 3 years and my MW never mentioned anything about having to take them off. Actually, my nail tech is pregnant too and due in October and she has them on too

My sister had them put on right through her pregnancy with no problems

I have them with shellac over the top & I intend to keep them on too. It's not a problem at all x

Ah you guys just reminded me- my midwife actually commented in my nails at my booking in appt (just that they were nice etc) so I'm sure if there was a problem she'd have said

thank you all so much for your replies!
that makes me feel much better :) glad i can keep them and the world won't have to be exposed to my man hands hahaha! x

I kept my on all the way through :) when I ended up going for an emergency section the anaesthetist said they were far to pretty to make me take them off too! Xx

I hope not cos I'm a nail tech!! Only work at nights cos I now do dental nursing so I'm not too worried. X x

that makes me feel much better :) glad i can keep them and the world won't have to be exposed to my man hands hahaha! x

My sisters say I have ham hands, like my dad! Without nails though, my fingers look so fat!!

I've been having mine done all throughout x

My sisters say I have ham hands, like my dad! Without nails though, my fingers look so fat!!

I have really tiny hands like my mum but stubby fingers like my dad! as if freakishly small hands weren't enough! haha!

Thanks everyone :) x

I have had mine on for about 10 years lol. I had an elective but still had pretty pink and white polka dot tips. There was no way I was going to be nail less for anything lol xx

tapatalking

I get gel nails done. Just a polish but they stay in fit 3-4 weeks and encourage bail strength and growth. They're apparently better for your nails too :)

My nails were ruined my acrylics once do i swore them off lol

I've had mine all the way through too, and don't intend changing it! I've had them on for 2 years now...not about to stop!

My nail technician has had 3 babies, and always has her nails on and obviously is doing other peoples nails too.

I had my nails done throughout my pregnancy but my midwife did say I would have to take any false nails or polish off before going into hospital . Xxx

Im a nail tech as far as im aware they are fine but due to ur hormones they may lift sooner also the other thing to consider is the fumes from the liquid , your nail tech should advise u of the lifting etc as long as the room us well ventilated the fumes souldnt be a problem xx

Last edited:
I had them all the way through and even in hospital I just made sure I wasn't wearing nail polish xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back