AConstant aching in belly!!!

Tineke

Reaction score
I hope I am not the only one having this and please tell me this is normal...

For the last 3 days or so, I have been having achiness all around my belly area. When I am sleeping it is at it's worst. I wake through the night to find a more comfortable position, but nothing works for me. Again now, I am aching all around there and now it is starting to worry me a little. I am due for a check up and will do this on Monday.

Do you think this is normal??

Thanks guys,

Tineke

You are not the only one! I too have had this and I have out it down to stretching pains as i am not used to it, it feels worse than it is...i am making no sense sorry!

I have days where my tummy feels very heavy and bloated and others where my bump is quite soft. I think it must a combination of factors that we are not used to happenning!

Hoope it eases for you, you could always ask at your appt anyway just to put your mind at rest.
xxxx

I have days where the stretching is so bad I have to keep laying down. Thankfully not too often.

A couple of weeks ago I seemed to have a stitch in my bump that happened even when I was just sitting down and that upset me, but I have since had the scan and everything seems fine.

It sounds like this is what you are getting. Have you got any cushions to help support your bump in the night? I have just bought a wedge cushion off e-bay and it is really nice and supportive.

Hope this helps

Yep have gotten aching pains from day one and still get them!! nothing to worry about, just your ligaments stretching to accomodate the baby!!

Good luck with your check up, hope all goes well

Natalie x

i get stretching pains too, so i think we're all normal! just our bodies adapting to their new little lodgers!

Yeah I get these too, I took myself off to the hospital last week they were that bad, but baby is fine thank goodness. Sometimes it feels like someone is constantly pumping my belly up like a baloon it's soooo uncomfortable!!

It sounds like round ligament pain to me- I had it lots in the second trimester and it only slackened off at about 28 weeks- my midwife said that this was because the uterus muscles have completed some kind of stretching that they have to do by this point (she did draw me a diagram but I wasn't really concentrating to be honest!). I found it particularly painful when I had been walking for more than 15 mins but it does pass eventually and even though I'm still doing my same walk to work I don't get that pain anymore. A pillow under the bump can really help at night. Hope it clears up for you soon

+++

Thanks for the tip I will try the pillow thing tonight, hope it works cos it's first thing in a morning when it's worst, and last thing at night.

Thanks guys for your posts. You have put my mind at ease!!!

It doesn't seem to be as bad at the moment, so I know you are all right 'my own personal doctors' tee hee.

Hopefully it won't get bad again, it's not the greatest feeling is it???

Take care and thanks again,

Tineke

Yay the pillow thing worked!! Thanks so much :D

Hiya

I had the aching all the way through my 1st and 2nd Trimester and many times I was so scared that I thought surely this is not normal, but it is !!!. They were just like period pains and have to say have not had them lately (now 32 weeks) just a very active baby kicking me and headbutting my pelvis !!

Tell you what can be helpful, and thats a WARM not hot Oat pad on the area or a warm bath.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Ragna xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back