Acid Reflux

bulb

Reaction score
Is anyone suffering??

I have had it for years, then finally got the all clear from the hospital last year, then the moment that test turned positive, it came back with avengence!! :evil:

For those who have never had it before you get this burning feeling at the back of your throat, constant feeling that you have something stuck in your throat, coughing fits which keep resulting in sickness (which I never had before I was pg), sore throat & indigestion!

Because Im pg they cant give me what normally works, the doctor has give some indigestion stuff, and said soothers and milk and honey will also help relax it, (but not get rid of it). Anyone got any other tips???

Please :pray:

Hi honey, big hugs and sympathy!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had gastric reflux before I got pregnant that was controlled with a daily Omeprazole (sp?) pill. But I can't take that now I am preggers.

The heart burn and reflux is chronic, BUT I can help it with diet. It is better if I don't eat really spicy or fatty foods. Sometimes bread can aggrivate mine too. I graze, so have small meals/snacks regualrly, rather than three bigger ones during the day. I drink a little glass of milk after each meal/snack.

I try not to eat a few hours before bed and I drink some milk before I go to sleep. And of course, there is our old friend Mr Gaviscon, although I try to reduce the time I take this because of its sodium content.

It does seem to help...it doesn't disapear entirely, but it is managable.
Sadly, I think it is one of those pregnancy things, whether you previously had gastric reflux or not :cry: It will all be worth it though :cheer: :cheer:

Mine's terrible to the point of depressing. I'm being careful what I eat and try to eat little and often so I never get to the point of starvation so the acid starts building up but sometimes it just comes with a vengeance.

I'm going to speak to the MW on Weds when I see her as I can't cope with another 3 1/2 - 4 months of it. It is too painful and I lose enough sleep as it is without having to get up at 1am til about 3am to deal with it. It really sucks.

It was bad before pregnancy, I had a little in Tri 1 but Tri 2 (past couple of weeks more than anything) has been awful!

Im glad Im not the only one!! I have my MW appointment on Thursday so I really want to taklk to her about it. Its like you say, its verging on depressing!!! :( To the point that OH was walking down the street with my OH last night and I went into a coughing fit, which resulted in making me sick!! I was so mortified!! :oops:

I do try and control my reflux with my diet, but of course before I was pg it was easier to control as I had my tablets to help!! Will have to keep going I guess, but I don't know if I can manage til July like this!!!

Mine's never caused me to be sick but I suffer excruciating pain from it in my back, stomach and arms. It feels like a heart attack it's so bad.

i was so bad in first tri that i was throwing up mid meal with no warning :oops: (prob when eating in my work van !!!! )

hospital gave me rantadine , said it was fine with pregnancy ( hope so they put me on it for 2 months solid ! )

Hi

I had really bad acid reflux when I was pregnant with joanna from mid pregnany until the end, it mainly occured at night before going to bed and if I didnt use renees or gaviscon there was no way I would be getting sleep.

april

I've been give Omeprazole to take (but it was prescribed to me by my gastric consultant)... but I stopped because tbh it wasn't working with my problems since getting pregnant. Now I take something called Almax Forte... which is the same as gaviscon just slightly stronger...

It comes in these little packets... and I'm only supposed to take a maximum of 8 a day, but I've been taking more like 12 :oops: ... Its the only thing that stops the pain and vomiting and if it wasn't bad enough.. I've had to take the packets so much that the side of them has started cutting into the corners of my mouth and now I have big ulcers there too.. :cry: But it's the lesser of two evils.

I personally don't find anything helps and I am very sorry to say it, but its gotten progressively worse as I've gotten bigger... I have it regardless of what and how I eat...if I don't eat... although I do find that in the evenings, if I drink a cup of milky tea, or a hot chocolate drink.... I get it less at night... I only need to take 1 or 2 packets of this almax stuff instead of the usual 3 or 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back