Aching Joints

Chezza

Reaction score
My LO is 8 weeks old today and I had an emergency c sect and a slightly traumatic labour.

I have been experiencing really achey sore joints and limbs since he was born - I thought it was getting better, but I woke this morning feeling like I have been hot by a truck! My knees are especially bad.

Has anyone else experienced this...? xx

My right knee and ankle have been aching for a few weeks now. Seen a chiropracter but hasn't helped. Have no idea why it is just right side either.

Sorry I'm no help xx

Thanks Amy - weird huh?

Well, as much as I keep away from google, to search for these sort of things, it seems that aching joints / limbs can be quite common after giving birth...? There doesn't appear to be much of an explanation as to why though.

As I said above, my knees are quite bad and I have actually felt like they could go from under me when I walk downstairs - the pain is pretty bad sometimes.

I will mention it to my HV next week or make an appt with my Dr if it gets any worse...

I wonder if any other ladies who have recently given birth are going through something similar...? Feedback please!! xx

Me! Wow, I thought it was just me! I've always had a bad back and creaky knees (I'm only 27! :( ) but my LO is 14 weeks and for the last few weeks I've been so achey all over, especially when I get out if bed. My ankles feel really weak and if I go for a long walk (not unusual for me) it can take my legs days to recover!x

It's called post partum arthralgia

You produce relaxin when pg which loosens everything for labour and then for a year or so after the baby you can have sore joints, particularly hands and feet.

Some people have it for ages after some people get it on and off. Mine was my knees and elbows I could barely walk at one point but my LO is 5m and mine was away a couple months ago. I actually done a thread like this, then found out myself. But at first was clueless. I thought I needed calcium or something.

I was on cocodamol for the pain and in time it went away xxxx

Last edited:
Thank you very much Russellmuscle :) xxx

Very welcome, even try some anti inflammatory aswell as paracetamol u can take both at same time.

Hope it eases soon.

Try find the source of it like with me it was because I did all Jackson's changing etc on floor so with constantly bending up and down and picking him up it hurt my knees, and my elbow was because of the way I was holding him.

Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back