Aches in my ribs :(

Rachel1509

Reaction score
I've had a very lazy day today (not even got dressed!) so I know it's not from too much activity etc. My ribs feel very achey today, mainly on my right side. Just wondering what could be causing it? Never had it before and no matter how i sit, nothing encourages it to go off.

Could it be to do with babys position? I see people writing on here all the time about baby kicking their ribs or having their feet rested on them, but how can you actually tell?

Backaches a killer too today.. ahh well. Best get used to it ey! :oooo:

it could be babas position and the way you have been sitting. i know at the end of the day i generally have a bit of an ache in my right side ribs and i could swear its got something to do with the baby being on that side lol

It's horrible! Since posting about it, I've had very short periods where it's gone off, but it quickly comes back. Nothing helps it. I try and change my posture, rubbing/massaging it, allsorts!

Seems to only be the right side too :(

i would say its babies position too :( i had this with my first too and it didnt matter which way i sat or how much i rubbed the area the ache was still there!! it may get worse the further along u get too, with the baby giving full on kicks to the already achey ribs :shakehead: i was always trying to push the foot out the way although it never worked for more than a few minutes xx

yeah sounds exactly like what i get. pretty much every evening the right portion of my ribs, and the area just under them is so uncomfy and achey, i too sit there rubbing it lol and wriggle around trying to get comfy, i can lie back at a weird angle but it only helps for a bit. havent had rib kicks there yet tho.

I get this too!!

Exactly the same as you ladies describe! It's not very pleasant is it? :(

I think my baby like to lie that way as well. Sometimes I get jabs there too which hurt I bit. I try to walk around a bit and get it to move.

Im getting this too on my left side and was sick a few times yesterday & once today but someone said it could be down to baby turning into a different position, Ive been getting really uncomfortable and at my last mw app he was breech so maybe hes turned round Im hoping so anyway :) Hope you feel a bit better hun x

Last edited:
I know u put aches in ribs but whilst we are talking of aches my right leg has been so achy today xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back