aches and pains

mrs v

Reaction score
Hey ladies, so im nearly 10 months on and I am still experiencing loads of aches and pains, i can nolonger sleep on my front as my back hurts too much and recently my left knee pain has got progressively worse especially when bending, even worse when holding lo. Iv been to gp who has prescribed anti inflammatarys and pain killers, I'm really worried how my body will even withstand another pregnancy if we ttc soon...anyoneeelse feel like they are falling apart sine having lo? Feel like iv aged 10 years :-(

My back plays up now! But I put that down to carrying a 24lb baby round all day. Some mornings I feel like an old woman and I'm only 21 :lol: xx

Sorry to hear that you are suffering...I also have ridiculously sore knees, elbows and arms - my knees are so bad some days, that I could cry with the pain. I was hoping it would start to get better, but if anything it is getting worse.

I would like another little one, one day...but I don't want to be dependant on anti-inflams / painkillers in order to do so...

Have you been advised to do any physio or exercises? I was told to sit on the edge of the sofa and "cycle" my legs one at a time - but I just cant do it, its too painful!

xxx

Aw thanks ladies, honestly what has happened to our bodies! I have only been given the meds and advised to go for an xray if there is no improvement, iv been quite reluctant to take the pain killers and anti inflammatarys 3x per day but now I'm just going to stick with it and see if there's any improvement, I found swimming a struggle yesterday which is usually quite easy for me :-(

It def can't help carrying baby's weight around, yet through pregnancy I put on 4.stone and I never felt like this and now iv lost the weight! Do you think everything just shifts, like an earthquake I suppose lol...oh I do hope it improves!

I posted about 3 hours ago how my body is falling apart... Joint pain, broken skin on my hands, chronic foot pain. All random ailments and all pretty untreatable (I am waiting for my physio referral for my foot)

I read that it can take up to a year for our bodies to recover from pregnancy.

I had such a fab pregnancy all these aches and pains are a shock to the system :shock:

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Snap Carnat! I had a wonderful pregnancy...these aches and pains are bloody horrible! Maybe that's the price we pay for having lovely pregnancies! Still sucks though.

My knees are that bad some days that they've gone from underneath me coming down the stairs! I now refuse to carry JJ down them, just in case...!

The things us ladies go through huh...? xx

Totally! I have been really struggling with my back last few months. its been getting worse and worse to the point its very painful lifting LO in and out of cot and picking her up off the floor, carrying her in car seat etc etc

So I gave in and went to see an osteopath on Thursday. He said I have damage to two discs and looking after a baby is aggravating it. he poked and prodded a bit and said I need a few sessions to 'manage' the pain and next week we will go through better lifting techniques etc etc

Well I was in agony when I came out and on Friday could barely walk. The pain was down into my butt too. Was starting to wonder what the hell he had done to me.

Well by saturday afternoon it was SOOOOO much better and this morning I managed to lift freya from the cot without grimacing in pain. Today its barely bothered me. Thank goodness!

Am so glad I went now and hope he will manage to completely sort me out.

Worth a shot? X

Falling apart here too!

Knee, hip, foot, back. . . . .

I'm falling apart too! Back, right leg, left foot.. argh!

I'm always falling apart hon so not sure if it's pregnancy related lol! Do you think the achey joints could be do with lack of calcium or something? I'm quite amazed to see how much pregnancy has effected all you healthy ladies, so it's no wonder it's had such a bad impact on me, as I was already not well. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon xxx

It is really interesting to hear that you all feel like you are 'falling apart' too...I know that the relaxing hormone stays in your body but not for 10 frickin months! Obviously I don't want you ladies to suffer but it does put my mind at ease that I'm not alone!

I will be keeping up with meds now despite my reservations...they are definitely helping. Anyway hubby ordered new mattress so one good thing came out of this lol, thanks for the replies ladies x

I was like this after my daughter was born (she's 2 now), my back was especially bad. I went to see an osteopath who was wonderful and did some manipulations and gave me some exercises. I would definitely recommend seeing one. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back