Accuracy of Gender scans

soffphie

Reaction score
Hello ladies
I apologise for this post, its pure paranoia really is..
We had a 4D window 2 the womb scan done @ 27 weeks, we actually opted to find out gender Oo. They have said Girl.
I was and am over joyed.
Since ive had someone say to me that their friend was told a girl and it wasnt..not sure if this was a nhs scan @ 20 weeks or not?
At scan sonographer took 3-4mns to tell the gender, video cuts out and cuts back in after 3.5mns, not sure if taking so long is a good or bad sign? Initially she said legs were closed (i think this was right at start of scan when they go thru if you want to be told etc).. Window 2 the womb claim 99% accuracy and that it would be a lot easier at 27 weeks..? They also claim time taken is cause told to triple check and that if sonographer couldnt tell, wouldnt guess. Still i read stuff online about wrong genders and Oo.
Sorry for the post

At 27 weeks it's very easy to tell. I think they want to make sure It's correct as to not break their 99% accuracy record! I'm sure they got it right hun, maybe they don't want anyone filing a lawsuit against them in case of a wrong gender prediction.x

At 27 weeks it's very easy to tell. I think they want to make sure It's correct as to not break their 99% accuracy record! I'm sure they got it right hun, maybe they don't want anyone filing a lawsuit against them in case of a wrong gender prediction.x

Thanks i think it doesnt feel real tbh, all this time not knowing and now i do & not just that i got the gender i really wanted. Feels unreal.
I did actually end up calling them about all this (i knoooow im bad) she said the sonographer is told to triple check so that would be reason why check time was perhaps longer then thought and so more thorough? She said only v few times been wrong its been a lot earlier, i guess she means the 16 wk scans? I didnt doubt it at all when i found out then i when people started saying bought pink etc i became paranoid incase it is wrong

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back