Accuracy of dating scan

confusedmum

Reaction score
I went for my dating scan yesterday and they said roughly it looks like I'm 6 weeks and 4 days but they can't use that to give me a due date and I have to wait another 6 weeks to go for another scan to get a due date
My question is why can't they date from the 6 week scan does that mean I could be more than 6 weeks

Babies grow at different rates early on and are so tiny that it can be hard to get accurate measurements.

At 12 weeks they can date you much more accurately so I would wait and see what your due date is at that scan.

I was measuring a few days ahead at my scan 2 weeks ago, so well see what they say today and if that's changed.

XX

Babies grow at different rates early on and are so tiny that it can be hard to get accurate measurements.

At 12 weeks they can date you much more accurately so I would wait and see what your due date is at that scan.

I was measuring a few days ahead at my scan 2 weeks ago, so well see what they say today and if that's changed.

XX

Hi hope your scan went ok what were your measurements today x

My scan went well thanks.

I'm still measuring ahead. Going by period I should have been 9+5 but she put me at 10+2.

When I go for my dating scan in a couple of weeks I'll go with my dates as whatever they say then.

XX

I was measuring a day behind at 7 weeks and about 3 data ahead at 10 weeks. But yea I'm going off the 12 week scan as measurements in the early days are so small and they grow as such different rates. I found out yesterday my grandads birthday is the 12th may (not the 11th like I thought it was) my grandad was a special man to me and I'm secretly hoping bubs I'd born on his birthday. His son (my uncle) was born on the 12th too and my cousin went into labour on the 12th but her daughter was born on the 13th

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back