Accidents or surprises?!

Minxy

Reaction score
All the M2B's on here seem very organised and (judging by all those TTC's) have been planning their family carefully.

Is there anyone else out there who was caught out like us?! I'm having to postpone our wedding which was all planned for this summer and figure out what to do at work, as I've been in the job of my dreams for just two months!

I found out Christmas Eve and cried all day. But I'm getting used to the idea now and am quite excited!

What are your stories?

Hi LittleMinx,

For us this pregnancy was planned and we'd been ttc for about 6 months but first time round was completely different! In fact it was a major shock cause we'd literally only had one careless moment and it must be true what they say cause I fell pregnant. I am so ahppy now though cause I have the most gorgeous little boy called Sam and he was an angel of a baby and is just adorable. But, I hate to talk about this, we weren't sure what we were going to do initially as me and now DH had only been together for just under a year, we'd just bought a house and DH had been made redundant. I am so happy we decided to go through with it though and I wouldn't change a thing. I am of the opinion that if it's happened then it was meant to be. Having our son has made us so much closer too and that resulted in a wedding in 2004 and we've never looked back, hence the new one on the way!

I hope you sort everything out and are happy with the decision you make. Only you and your partner can do that and know what's best for you so don't let anyone try and talk you into/out of it so best of luck. You will feel your emotions all over the place to begin with but follow your hearts.

Everyone on here is always around for advice so any questions you have can usually be answered by someone!

Best wishes

Tan x :)

i am 18 n was 17 wen i found out i was 22 weeks pregnant and as u can guess it was a very big surprise - i was with braydons father for 4 years n we were engaged but a week after we found out i was preggers h dumped me, but now i couldnt be happier and i love braydon to peices

Ours was planned, we've been trying for about 5/6 months before we got our BFP.

I'm sure everything will work out fine for you.

weddings can be post-phoned, you don't have to mention anything to your company yet.... take your time and think about what you and you OH want to do... To me it sounds like it was a bit of a shock to begin with but your now over the moon! If you decide to post-phone your wedding, make a date a year or so on... gives you a good incentive to slim back into your pre-pregnancy figure. Or you could still keep to your original wedding date. Your only 6 weeks now. What date is your wedding set for? have you chosen your dress yet? And your job.... i'm sure you don't have to mention anything for a few more weeks yet.. and you could go back after the baby is born! i'm due the first week in Aug - i'm hoping i am able to work up to mid July.. take 6 months off then go back 3 days a week for a few weeks! finally go back full time. You should be able to get maturnity pay too... you was working there before you was pregnant so you will definately get the full 6 months maturnity pay.
Good luck in what ever you decide.

x

When I found out I was pregnant with our first we had only been together 6 weeks so it was a bit scary getting caught the first time! We decided to make a go of it and we got married 7 months later (not because of baby though) we are still very happy and have been married for almost 6 years now, it was tough, meeting, getting married, moving house and having baby in only a year but we survived. If you know its right then you really try. We are still happy now and as you can see just had our second chld together, even if it took 5 years to get over the initial shock. Now we are talking about trying for our third! Hope it all works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back