Absolutely mortified!

nicky1987

Reaction score
Hi girls just need a massive rant here. I'm absolutely mortified at what has just happened at work. Where I work we have walkie talkie radio things to communicate with other people in the building. When I arrived at work a girl who I counted as one of my best friends and knows all about my situation radioed a message to me. I'd just walked in so was in a bit Of A hurry so I just gave a very short message back. Next thing I heard was what's wrong with you don't done out hormone pills out On me! (the proved has been making me a bit moody!) to say I'm devestated that she has done this is an understatement. The message was heard All round the building. I now don't know what to say to her x

Omg Hun, that's awful!

Have a word with her and tell her how you feel and get her to apologise.

If anyone in your office says anything to you just brush it off as just 'being a woman'

Maybe she didn't do it intentionally

Xxx

Nicky that is utterely disgraceful!

Do you think she did it deliberately? Even if she did not do it deliberatly she still should not have said it.

I am sorry the whole building heard it.

I would definately make her apologise to me.

Hugs hon

Gizzy xxx

Sometimes people are completely thoughtless. Just remember these things say way more about them than they do about you! And others will more than likely think the same. She should just shhhhhh! x

Oh nicky that's so bad of her! If she's your friend she will apologise, if she doesn't you may want to have a word with her. I would be raging too x

Stupid mare - bad enough to say that to you, but to say it when everyone could hear? You should tell her how upsetting that was. If she's your friend, she's probably a nice girl who had a thoughtless moment but she needs to learn to think before she speaks! xx

Just after I posted this I went into total meltdown! Can't be doing with staying here till 10pm now just wanna go home :-( thanks for all your messages x

Oh no, sending you hugs nicky xxxxxx

I can understand that you are really upset and your friend was totally out of line - but i'm sure that very few people would have a/been paying attention and b/known what she was talking about.

It could have been a private joke or whatever and i really don't think that anyone knows that you are on hormone pills.

You do need to talk to your friend about it thoughxx

Ohhh what a horrid thing to say :poke:

I hope she apologizes to you x

Id be really upset about that too hun, esp if you classed her as a good friend,
She obviously isnt in my point of view.
Just give her a bit of a wide berth, and dont share anything 'private' with her again.
If she is really your friend and she never meant to say what she did and doesnt realise, she will pick up on your coolness and ask what is wrong, let her do the running. xx

I know Lou it just really hurt that she found if funny to say it. It's not the fact that anyone was listening just the fact she did it!! Maybe I just took it too personally x

Thanks corrinne it was really hurtful and I've played it cool all afternoon. I'd never dream of doing that to anybody! If shed said it to my face then yeah I probably would have laughed it off but it was so public! X

It's horrible to feel betrayed by a friend like that. I've been in similar situations with certain friends nd it really hurts :-(

I'm sorry that your friend did this. I hope she was just not thinking about what she said. People will have just thought she was talking about contraceptive pills or something. Did you say anything to her later? Big hugs xxx

No i didnt get chance to say anything. Come home from work early with a massive headache and generally just feeling shit. OH just had a chat with me and said it was definately out of line that she did it but it was probably mistake. but he understands why i feel so hurt and betrayed! x

Aw Nicky I'm so sorry to hear you was spoken to like that.. It's disgusting
I've had very similar thing happen... A few selected ladies at work know me & OH would love a baby and they know we've been trying for around 18mths now.. Anyhow one particular lady asks constantly if we've been to the docs yet & been tested and also if i've put name down for IVF... The bloody cheek of some people, but as OH says I'm to nice to say mind your own bloody business...
Also another lady mentioned all of a sudden, oh Linz you've been married a few years why arent you preggers yet?!! It's literally like some people dont think before they speak, I like you would never dream of asking such private questions at work...
I jusy wanted to say sorry you had to have that said to you, and I kinda know how it feels... Utter shite!!
I've just had 4weeks of work with anxiety and due to go back work this week & i'm dreading the so called friends asking the reason i've really been off... Oh well some people, obviously have to much time on there hands!!
Keep smiling lovely :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back