Absolutely Gutted!

laurat

Reaction score
Well I feel as though Ive just been hit by yet another huge sledgehammer and caught me so off gaurd. I cant actually stop crying and I was trying so hatd to stay positive.

Basically got the phone call today with my 28 day blood results. Fully expecting and prepared for them to be negative for ovulation. Was then prepared for getting told it was an upped dose of clomid to 150mg hoping it would be before Christmas to be swept completely off my feet with the decision that they dont think the upped dose will work. Going to try something called lacrozy or something but not expecting much from that either.

Next step a referral for injections to bring on ovulation at a different hospital and the minimum waiting list there is 18 months but most likely 2 years. I started crying and havent stopped. I cant come to terms with this . 2 years? Ive been trying for 2 and a half and waiting to ovulate for nearly a year after my mc. I have no answers as to why my body has just shut down? Why did I get pregnant then all stop.

I cant afford private so Im just expected to live with a huge chunk of my heart hurting and feeling like Ive been shot every time I hear a pregnancy announcement! How is this fair ? Honestly Im so upset!

Omg Laura - i can't tell you how desparately sad i feel for you :cry:

I don't know if you already had this done, with so many other girls going through it too, but have you had ovarian drilling?

If you aren't ovulating because the membrane on your ovary is too tough, then it really can help.

It makes more sense than just trying to pump you full of drugs.

I've also heard of some women switching off their cycles with drugs and then when they turn them back on again, they function normally.

Just because one doctor has one opinion doesn't mean that is what you have to do. Get a second opinion asap.

I've never heard of Lacrozy so no idea about it...

Please don't take it lying down. It's bullshit! :hug:

Hi Laura,

Just wanted to send a big hug. I really feel for you, having only just started on the Clomid journey. I have my 21 day blood test tomorrow but really no idea what the results will be.

Hugs again and I hope that your body just switches itself back on again.

xx

Oh Laura I'm so so sorry doll. It's just so unfair! I could cry thinking about those waiting lists. Def get a second opinion if you can and please don't give up hope. Your body ovulated and you concieved before so hopefully you will again. I wish I could make you feel better hun but cry as much as you need to, let it all out. Massive hugs sweetie :hug: xxx

:cry: i feel so bad for you, have this :hug:

can you get a 2nd opinion? Or at least more information from them? It seems cruel for them to make you wait 2 years but leave you unprepared with no info!

We are all her for you xxx

Laura I am so sorry to hear you are upset. You must try and get a second opinion on this. Sod waiting 2 years that is nonsense. Pay for a consultation elsewhere. I know you said you could not afford treatment but a first consultation should not break the Bank. It has to be better than waiting on the bloody NHS. 2 Years is ridiculous. Hugs and more hugs. I agree with what Kay ksy said that it worked before so try and stay positive.... Well after a good cry! I always feel much better after I have cried and slept on things love gizzy xxxxx

Oh hun i am so so sorry. I agree with the other girls you should definately get second opinion babe.

Have a bloody good cry then get your chin up and fight for it. you deserve to be happy xxxxxx

Thanks girls, Its just so screwed up. I just dont understand why the wait is so long. She even said if you win the lottery then give us a call back. Really f right off!!!

In terms of a 2nd opinion where do I go for that? My own dr is useless. Im getting confused as to who Im even seeing now. I thought they were the fertility experts but now she is telling me I have to go to the Royal and they are 'bringing out the big guns'. It appears as though this lot are only able to give clomid. One trick ponies really who deal with pcos. Is this normal?

Lou Ive not had ovarian drilling and had thought that might be an option but no mention of it.

Its just so hard, my hubby cried for the second time Ive ever seen tonight. He just cant handle me feeling so broken and Im struggling to feel anything but!

Last edited:
If i was you i'd go and see your GP - assuming you like them. Just go in and tell them about your situation and how unhappy you are and tell them what you was hoping they would suggest, like ovarian drilling.

Then ask them what your options are in terms of being referred to a different Nhs fertility unit.

You might even be able to find some options out yourself just with google. Where do you live?

I remember when i wanted to be referred from one Nhs unit to another, i contacted the unit i wanted to go to and they did the hard work for me and organised getting my paperwork sent to themselves.

You might have to travel further but well worth it.

A 2 year wait just for a drugs presciption is rediculous! I'd even be tempted to contact you PCT who will then contact the clinic on your behalf and at least prompt them to clarify what is happening and why they think that is the next step and why it might take so long.

If you have a county border nearby, you might be able to go to the next county for treatment and the waiting list and procedure could be vastly different.

I wish you'd asked them about drilling though :(

Last edited:
My gp is a complete nightmare. Past experience has been horrendous. Considered moving but didnt do so as I had been referred. She will not be helpful.

I wish now that I had asked about the drilling but was actually so upset on the phone. Hadnt expected the news. Im in the outskirts of Glasgow. Ignorance again whats a PCT? I may phone back to see if I can get more info or do u imagine Id be best 'phoning the big guns' directly when I get the letter.

Part if me also wonders if I should even contact my uncle who is high up in the medical profession and is the head consultant in a n A and E. i know he knows a lot of dr's and has pulled strings with care for my gran etc. that would be a lot of sharing but do u think that it would do any good?

Primary Care Trust - do you have those in Scotland? They regulate the Nhs policy for all the hospitals within a district.

No, i woldn't wait for the letter. No no no :shakehead:

Yes definitely ask your uncle for help. All you need him to do is find a fertility consultant that will see you for a second opinion on your situation.

He might not be able to help, but worse case scenario he can offer some advice.

That is your job for tomorrow. Phone. Uncle.

in scotland they are reffered to as health boards i think - same as pct's - so other exanples would be Edinburgh and Lothians, Renfreshire, Argyll and Bute etc. I think a consultation privately wouldnt hurt - Shawfair Park in edinburgh is £190 and its no obligation. Also if you could manage the payments how about sorting out monthly payment plan - many are 0% finance. x

Greater Glasgow and Clyde is our Health Board (PCT), Lanarkshire and also Ayrshire and Arran are probably the closest others to you.

As far as I know there is an ACU at the Royal and at the Victoria In Glasgow, but depending on whereabouts outside Glasgow you might live near other ones. My friend has moved to Motherwell and has been told that there is one in Motherwell or Airdrie I think which they may transfer her to. It would be worth finding out about?

Oh laura , i cant believe she said that about the lottery cheeky cow, i'd complain on that note

And on the other note i have really no advice but just hugs , the other girls have said it all x x x

Oh Laura I am so sorry I can only imagine how you must be feeling :hugs:

I cant believe they are saying two years thats crap, I thought there was an 18 week maximum law regarding NHS waiting times .. off to check Scotlands info on waiting times .... :clock:

Ok so had a look and this is what I found on the Socttish NHS website:

18 Weeks Referral To Treatment Quarter Ending 30 September 2011

I think you are being fobbed off hunny, I would seriously get another opinion on this, maybe sign to a new GP surgery or contact a better more equiped hospital and ask them.

I would also use all the resources you have including your uncle, he maybe able to tell you straight away that a 2 year waiting time is bull and point you in the right direction or even contact someone on your behalf.

Dont accept this hun, when they told me I had to wait 2 years to be referred I just went and saw a different doctor who referred me right away.

What a load of balls, can't believe they told you 2 years waiting time. :slap:

Definitely phone your uncle and I'd definitely try and get another opinion. My old GP wouldn't send me for a blood test let alone bloody refer me to a fertility clinic, we changed GPs and got a referral on our first appointment. I know it's a different situation but just goes to show that if you go somewhere else, they could obviously say something totally different.

I really hope someone can get things pushed through for you.

x x

So so sorry Laurat,if youve not been through enough already.xx hugs. xx

I changed NHS hospital. You have a right. If u know someone high up ask them.. If it not what you know but who sometimes Xxxx gp are useless! Xxxx

Tanks girls! Im going to contact my uncle but he is currently spending Christmas Down Under! Hes back in the New Year. Im more proactive today. Called the fertility dr's secretary today and shes getting the dr to call me back in the new year as shes now on holiday ( nice these drs are all away).

I booked a baseline scan for 5 or 6th of Jan so I can try this new drug thats the alternative to clomid. Its called letrazol not what I said earlier. Oh and the fertility dr phoned back last night to say she is putting my referal down from February as thats when I stopped ovulating so better news there as that gives me a 10 month start on the ludicrous waiting time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back