Abnormalities in sperm

Rosey74

Reaction score
Hi everyone in this section, I did dip in and out of TTC but after failed attempts I had kind of given up.

We have been trying for 3 years without success, thought it was about time we had some fertility tests, mine have come back all fine (I do have another child from a previous relationship), but my other halfs sperm test has come back as abnormal and the doctor suggested he change his lifestyle. He doesn't smoke and rarely drinks, yes his diet could be a lot better though. I am going back to doctors next week to try and find out more about it.

What I'd like to know from you lovely ladies is, is there any hope? Shall we give up or are there options available to us in this situation and has anyone else been in this situation and had success? x

Is he taking a male specific conception vitamin? I've heard a few stories about them working wonders on sperm quality. Other things that help are not working with a laptop on his knee, wearing loose fitting boxers/trousers. There are treatment options too like iui. Don't be too disheartened, sperm samples can vary a lot in just a couple of months. They should offer him a second test in three months time to compare, so make sure they do as lots can change in that time.

No he's not taking anything, would I get them from the chemist? They have told him they will test again in three months time if he changes his lifestyle. So there could still be hope? He is so disheartened at the moment :-(

My hubby took vitamin E 400 & vitamin C daily alongside wellman, he also had smoothies which had spirulina and maca powder with blueberries, banana, protein powder in them & we really think the spirulina and maca helped a lot x

I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy some, at least then we can say we tried x

The positive thing is that sperm can be improved & they re test in 3 months as that's the life cycle of the sperm about 90 days

And completely yes there is hope there are many ladies on here with male factors that have their babies & hubby & I have had success with our 2nd cycle of IVF with male factor so don't loose hope at all xx

Last edited:
I agree that male vitamins can make a massive difference - my then-partner took one daily of two different brands and went from 0% normal to 8% normal over the course of a year.

Thanks everyone, has made me feel better hearing all is not lost x

My hubby improved his results by taking the conception vitamins religiously, cutting out caffeine, improving his diet, cutting back on alcohol and wearing loose fitting boxer shorts.

We weren't eligible for any help on the NHS as we already had a child. We swerve planning to pay privately for IVF but feel pregnant naturally just before our first appointment. Best of luck xx

Thank you, I have now got him the vitamins and wellman conception, all we can do is try and hope for the best x

I'm surprised they told him they will only retest if he changes his lifestyle. Our doctor wouldn't even diagnose or make suggestions until my OH retested. He said they can't tell anything from one test as so many factors can influence it.

As it happens my OHs results went from completely terrible motility to normal/good. I think this was because he came off SSRIs (anti-depressants) but could be coincidence. Apparently losing a bit of weight can change lots.

It wasn't our normal doctor that gave the results, so I'm still debating going back to our own doctor to have a chat. I think my other half thinks that's it it's all over for him but I don't think that at all, and the doctor that have the results didn't go into anything else!

Honestly Hun give him time, my hubby really struggled with his results i think they find it a real knock but it can honestly get better in the three months and sounds like your doing all the positive things needed. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back