Abit off topic- rude or not?

GF91

Reaction score
My little girl was invited to my friends child's birthday party which was today. We live about 40 mins away on a good day so I left a little earlier. We arrived at hers at 5 to & I phoned her because it didn't look like there was any signs of life at her house. I asked if I could let myself in her gate because it was shut and she said that was fine, so I asked where she wanted me to park & she starting humming and arrring- so I asked her if she was stressed and she laughed and said yeh. Then she said "can you do me a favour and come back in 30 mins?" I said what? She said again "come back in 30 mins" I said but doesn't that party start in 5? She then asked me to drive round the block & come back? They weren't ready- but I know there where people inside because I could hear people in the background. I was quite taken aback, if she'd of asked me for help I would've.. So I started driving up the road, actually getting really quite annoyed and thinking how rude? subsequently my little girl had fallen asleep- so I just came home. OH is cross with me and says I should go back? But I'm really pissed off and feel like she made me out to be an idiot? Am I being silly or would anyone else be annoyed?

You did exactly the same thing as I would have done. Her saying that would of really upset and annoyed me and why does it matter if you just came in the house for 5 minutes???

Has she called or text to ask you where you are??

Xxx

I think it depends why she asked you to come back. I think there are valid or at least understandable reasons for it. She could have been dealing with some kind of crisis or emergency and not known what to say. OH has asked people to wait or come back later a few times even when they were expected. Once when I was having a MC and had just started hemorrhaging and recently when I was suffering from severe morning sickness and was throwing up my guts in the bathroom. There could have been a death in the family or she could have been with a friend who was having a melt down or something. Sometimes its hard to explain these things at the moment on the phone. Of course maybe she was just disorganised and totally stressed out. Which happens to most of us sometimes. I cant really think of a reason it would be personal to you because you were invited and she was expecting you. She might have been a bit thoughtless. I do understand it being annoying when you came from 40mins away and with an LO but it might be worth giving her the benefit of the doupt if you don't know what was going on.

Last edited:
My little girl was invited to my friends child's birthday party which was today. We live about 40 mins away on a good day so I left a little earlier. We arrived at hers at 5 to & I phoned her because it didn't look like there was any signs of life at her house. I asked if I could let myself in her gate because it was shut and she said that was fine, so I asked where she wanted me to park & she starting humming and arrring- so I asked her if she was stressed and she laughed and said yeh. Then she said "can you do me a favour and come back in 30 mins?" I said what? She said again "come back in 30 mins" I said but doesn't that party start in 5? She then asked me to drive round the block & come back? They weren't ready- but I know there where people inside because I could hear people in the background. I was quite taken aback, if she'd of asked me for help I would've.. So I started driving up the road, actually getting really quite annoyed and thinking how rude? subsequently my little girl had fallen asleep- so I just came home. OH is cross with me and says I should go back? But I'm really pissed off and feel like she made me out to be an idiot? Am I being silly or would anyone else be annoyed?

Did you go back? Have you or she texted/phoned each other? Their could've been a crisis like said above. But the fact she laughed and you could hear people in the background, I'd be angry too. I hooe she has a very very very good reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back