Abdomen pain - should I be worried

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Bellef, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Bellef

Bellef Active Member

I'm 16+1 and today I am suffering with pains in my lower abdomen. It's different to the period type cramps I have had previously, and I am worrying because I know it's in the area where baby is. It feels really tender, almost like it's bruised, although it isnt. The pain is worst when I walk about. So far the pregnancy has been problem free. Hubby thinks we should go to hospital but as I've explained to him, if I had visited the hospital everytime I had a niggley pain we would never be at home! Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing?

2. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I've been getting something similar I think it's just stretching

3. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Probably round ligament pain or beginning of pelvic girdle pain. Have you had your 16 week check with the midwife yet? If not mention it to her or pay a visit to your GP xx

4. Beeee

Beeee Well-Known Member

I get this too and the physiotherapist advised me it was due to stretching. X

5. Bellef

Bellef Active Member

Thanks everyone. I was just worried because it was a new pain, and felt like I had been punched in the stomach rather than the usual stretching I have experienced. We used the doppler to find the heartbeat last night and baby sounds fine, but also got our gender scan on Sunday so will hopefully get reassurance then. It's our 16 week midwife appt next week so I will add this to the long list of questions to ask!

6. cornishfairy

cornishfairy Well-Known Member

They'll probably check your wee at the appointment, hopefully won'tbe anything but could be a water infection maybe? I've been feeling a bit odd down there, sometimes painful and sometimes just feels uncomfortable, mine showed up a possible infection so I'm keeping an eye on it whilst waiting for results to come back from the hospital. Like the others say though it could be stretching or maybe you've pulled a ligament? I did that twice around this time with my son and it was agony for a few days! Was trying to tell me to ease up ;) x

7. Ikklemoi

Ikklemoi Well-Known Member

As Cornish said could be a water infection. I've been feeling same
    And just got told I've a water infection and been prescribed antibiotics for it. X

8. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Yep most likely stretching pains. I've had them on and off all yesterday but high up for a change, usually low down x