Abdomen pain - should I be worried

Bellef

Reaction score
I'm 16+1 and today I am suffering with pains in my lower abdomen. It's different to the period type cramps I have had previously, and I am worrying because I know it's in the area where baby is. It feels really tender, almost like it's bruised, although it isnt. The pain is worst when I walk about. So far the pregnancy has been problem free. Hubby thinks we should go to hospital but as I've explained to him, if I had visited the hospital everytime I had a niggley pain we would never be at home! Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing?

I've been getting something similar I think it's just stretching

Probably round ligament pain or beginning of pelvic girdle pain. Have you had your 16 week check with the midwife yet? If not mention it to her or pay a visit to your GP xx

I get this too and the physiotherapist advised me it was due to stretching. X

Thanks everyone. I was just worried because it was a new pain, and felt like I had been punched in the stomach rather than the usual stretching I have experienced. We used the doppler to find the heartbeat last night and baby sounds fine, but also got our gender scan on Sunday so will hopefully get reassurance then. It's our 16 week midwife appt next week so I will add this to the long list of questions to ask!

They'll probably check your wee at the appointment, hopefully won'tbe anything but could be a water infection maybe? I've been feeling a bit odd down there, sometimes painful and sometimes just feels uncomfortable, mine showed up a possible infection so I'm keeping an eye on it whilst waiting for results to come back from the hospital. Like the others say though it could be stretching or maybe you've pulled a ligament? I did that twice around this time with my son and it was agony for a few days! Was trying to tell me to ease up ;) x

As Cornish said could be a water infection. I've been feeling same
And just got told I've a water infection and been prescribed antibiotics for it. X

Yep most likely stretching pains. I've had them on and off all yesterday but high up for a change, usually low down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back