AB/O incompatibility ? does this affect future pregnancy ?.

lillith112

Reaction score
My last baby was born with AB/O incompatibility at birth, she became very ill and was in intensive care for a week. Apparently this is because my blood cells were destroying hers. What I wanted to know is if this will affect ttc or pregnancy?. Thankyou in advance x

Isn't this where you should have that Anti D injection? Ask your GP but in pretty sure that's what you will need if you fall pregnant xxx

I have absolutely no idea Bee, but I would think if I carry another baby with blood group A/B my blood cells may do the same while in the womb ? x

Yes they would but the 'Anti-D' injection prevents that :) xxx

I just wondered are you in the UK or abroad as they usually test for this when pregnant, I'd speak to gp or someone as pretty sure it can affect falling pregnant a second time depending on baby's blood type. The antiD should prevent this though. Good luck and hope your little girl ok now. I'm o neg and my daughter also o neg so didn't need second antiD after giving birth.

Hi Lucy, I'm in the U.K, my midwife was horrible, she was supposed to check my urine each visit but kept saying ah we don't need to do that. She definitely never tested me for the A/B incompatibility. I think I'm O positive. I'm due to see my Dr on the 14th so I will ask her then. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back