Aaron .. The boy who is full of surprises

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
As I seem to be spamming the entire forum with Aarons progress I thought I'd start a journal to keep it all in one place

Aaron David was born on 8th September 2012 weighing 6lb 9oz, it was a 'normal delivery' done on 2 paracetamol and a bit of gas and air ... Ok a lot of gas and air! :lol:

Shortly after birth we were informed that it was likely that Aaron had Downs Syndrome. It came as a massive shock and hit my husband and I really hard.

4 days later the diagnosis was confirmed and the next day we got home.

My husband is still havi g trouble with it, and although it comes in waves I'm
Mostly ok with it.

We got home the next day and 2 days later Aaron needed a follow up scan on his heart as the ducts that stay open whilst in the womb hadn't closed yet. We went to the hospital for the scan and I put his pram in the boot to go shopping afterwards. Unfortunately the scan didn't go well and Aaron was admitted into intensive care and started on oxygen.

I took it really badly and spent the next two days in floods of tears, but the hospital put me in a room so I could stay at the hospital with him.

Nothing can prepare you for seeing your baby in an incubator.

After a few days they were happy with Aaron's progress and they moved him to special care and eventually into a cot.

Since then i've been staying at the hospital with him. My husband has stayed a couple of times but is mostly running about getting stuff done.

Our families have been amazing and we couldn't do it without them

Aaron has been unable to latch on to bf as of yet (but I'm still hopeful) so I've been exclusively expressing and bottle feeding. It's exhausting but worth it.

We are hoping I get home within the next few days, Aaron will have to have at home oxygen which is a little daunting, but I'll just be glad to get home.

Sorry for rambling. Welcome to my journal!

Tracey x

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I'm glad you started a journal about Aaron, I hope he continues to make progress and shows he's completely as awesome as his mum is! :hug:

Hope you can both come home soon :) x

Yay to starting a journal hun, it makes sense to document his progress in the one place (also makes it easier for me to keep an eye on you both :lol: :lol:)

I know he has been in hospital for a bit now but I think your journal needs some piccies!

I think you are doing amazingly and hubby will get there as well sweetie

xxxxxxx

Some pics of my gorgeous boy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287200.307814.jpg ... Just out of the wrapper

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287243.556276.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287268.055291.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287293.034532.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287310.573295.jpg

Tapatalk madness!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287379.104075.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287419.890030.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287448.905957.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349287485.672372.jpg

Tapatalk madness!

He is absolutely gorgeous, hope that you are both home soon sweet, can tell how proud you are of him :) xx

He's soooooooo cute!! Love the hats with ears :) x

aww he's such a cutie hun :') you sound like your doing an amazing job and he sounds like hes doing great too

xx

The difference between the first lot of piccies and the second is so noticeable - I know he is in hospital but look how nosey he is in the second set of piccies!!!

Was it you that took those second lot of pic's Tweety? He is proper looking at you / camera person...

It's amazing how much they change day to day??

He is going to be a handful Tweety :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Love the Micky Mouse suit!

Sending you both healing vibes and crossing everything that you'll be home together soon x

They are such gorgeous photos, beautiful boy!! Glad we now have somewhere to stalk progress :) xx

They are lovely photos, so glad you've started a journal so I can follow his progress x

He's just so cute. Photos are gorgeous. He's changing so much and has become so alert. Glad to hear that things with Aaron are improving so that u can get home soon xx

Progress today ...

I had to send my MIL to my house to pick up some bigger clothes for him
As he has outgrown all his tiny baby clothes. The bigger he gets, the stronger he gets, the stronger e gets the quicker he is off oxygen!

Also they are letting him in my room permanently! Very chuffed with this.

This is us just after we found out the good news .. Aaron is more excited than he looks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349295984.621390.jpg

Tapatalk madness!

It's lovely when they tell you that isn't it? I was so excited when Cam was allowed in with me :) x

Thts fab news, and he is such a trendy dressed boy, loving his outfits!!! Xx

Omg he is gorgeous :)
Glad he's making great progress xx

He is beautiful! so pleased he can stay with you! :)

Glad he's on the same room as you, makes a big difference xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back