aaarrrggghhh sickness

Blackfairykitten

Reaction score
I've had enough of the sickness already. Am used to getting really bad periods and feeling sick and was looking forward to the added bonus of no periods. But I feel like I'm having the worst periods just without the bleeding! :cry: How many more weeks of this?!
Hope everyone is okay.
xx

The sickness has just kicked in for me to :( . It's worse in the evenings but hopefully for most it's gone at about 12 weeks :D

Fingers crossed xx

i can not tell u enough how happy i am not to have had morning sickness lol - i hope u r both feeling better soon

could be anytime hun mine stopped at 9/10 weeks and i just had it now and again for a few weeks xxx

Morning sickness got the better of me from 8 - 19 weeks!!! Gagged at just about everything - horrible. Glad it's all over!
Hope you all feel better soon - remember, it just means that everything is just "dandy". :wink:
Emilia xx

Hi, I hade 24 hour sickness fom about 6 weeks until 9½ weeks. Absolutely nothing worked for me and I was so miserable. About a week ago the being sick stopped although I still get nauseous and I have only thrown up once and that was because I ate acidic fruits i think ( a plum and an orange) Everyone kept telling me it would only last for the first trimester but you never know! I am so happy to have stopped throwing up but am now sooo spotty! Completely jealous of all those that are sialing through their pregnancys without symptons!

My symptons started at about 5 weeks (nausea, being sick, headaches & migraines) and lasted til about week 16. At about week 16 my back started to ache and has got worse over time then at about 20 weeks my SPD developed and has slowley got worse.
I still get the occasional bout of nausea and now i've got piles! The period type pains have come back too and the Braxton Hicks started at week 22ish and are getting stronger now.

All in all i've had a fantastic pregnancy, feel great, not tired, achey or in pain at all :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib: :fib:

Everyone is different tho hun but they generally say at about week 12 you will start to feel better when your hormones calm down a bit.

Hope you feel better soon, it really is nasty :(

Nickix

I too am a member of the feeling yucky brigade, but to be honest, I am taking it as a positive thing, like Emilia said, it's a sign that everything is progressing well. I get up at 6.20 for work and although I haven't been sick - yet - I am retching for about 5 minutes then I feel a bit better. Don't know about you, but I just can't get full up at the moment, I am absolutely starving from morning till night, until I make something and it turns my stomach!! The joys!!

21 weeks of the bllomin sickness, hated it!!! Try ice pops and sips iof iced water, that helped me :D

:roll:
Argh i feel sick and have done all day!!!!
I have been a miserable moo all day - feel really sick today i had been getting it more so in the early evening conveniently around dinner time would cook something i really fancied and then NO can't face it.

Went to Boot's today and got sea/travel sickness bands as was told this may work - it was alittle better but no cure for the heartburn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey though im so excited about having a baby i'll put up with it i've waited a long time to feel like this :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Hope everyone is feeling ok.

Hey Laura,

Sorry you're feeling poo, is not nice. I found that eating a few crackers or toast helped, also I found that I had to have something in my tummy all the time or i'd feel really sick so I started to eat little and often, even when I wasn't really hungry but it did help alot.

I got heartburn quite a bit to begin with, you can take indigestion tablets if you want to. Mine died down around 3 1/2 months but has now come back for a visit so i'm eating 'Tums' like they're sweeties! helps tho.

When I was at my worst (the first 4 months! :shock:) I had to keep telling myself that it wasn't forever (feels like it a bit now tho!) and it'll all be worth it in the end.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicki.x :D

I am still getting sickness myself and nothing in particular works for everyone but my doctor advised me to take 25mg of B6 with 50mg of B1 three times a day helps a lot of women. I have been taking anti-histamines at night which I think work a bit as before I would be sick in the middle of the night. They have to be the ones that make you drowsy and you have to check with a pharmacist first. I bought some morning sickness sweets off ebay which are popular in the US called "pregnancy pops" but I think they only work for slight nausea. I have found sucking mentos mints help a bit, probably because of the sugar. Things that aggravate my sickness most are fruits and juices, I can only eat bananas! Dry biscuits made me queasy but I have found plain sponge cake quite good. Someone else on this site suggested ice lollies and these are great if liquids are making you sick. I was gutted because my sickness dissappeared for a week and came back, this time it tends to be in the afternoons though and I can help prevent it by eating regularly. For indigestion gaviscon is really good and safe to use, it even helps with a slightly nauseous tummy. Anyway ladies lets look on the bright side that all those hormones making us sick are growing us healthy babies!!

Hi girls THANKYOU SO MUCH for all the advice i still feel sick but got my gaviscon today which has helped and was advised to try ginger biscuits YUK!!!!

But have managed to get a craving for banannas - YUMMY!!!!

oh and jacket potatoes earlier.

will keep in touch and see how it goes.

Take care
Laura :eek:

This all sounds so great........kinda puts me off!!

Does everyone pretty much get sick?????????

Everyones different so you never know you may miss it! but then again i think the majority get some sort of sickness :(
I keep telling myself it'll all be worth it in the end - he bl**dy better be! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back