A thought for when packing the hospital bag

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
This is probably a silly little thing that you have already thought of, but I was chatting to my friend who is a bit of a pro by now and she was talking about baby clothes to take into hospital, and I thought I would pass it on.

Apparently she took clothes for a 0-3 baby for her first born and her little girl was so tiny that they swamped her! So for her second born she took in newborn clothes and, guess what, he had a huge body and she couldn't do the poppers up :D :shock: :?

So I am going to take in a huge variety of baby clothes, just in case!

My M.I L recently bought us some baby grows for a 0-3 month baby and I though they were huge, but I think I might just take them with me after all! :lol:

Our hospital have little 'nighties' that you can use. Grim brown and white checks - think they're the same ones from when I was born there, but they are brilliant.

When Daniel was born, I don't think I'd ever held a baby, let alone do up the poppers on a baby grow. I'd taken babygrows in for him to wear but when I was struggling during the first day with the poppers, the midwife suggested one of the nighties. Nappy changes are really quick, no laundry to take home, and even though they look awful, they're swaddled in blankets anyway.

After three kids, I'm now a dab hand with babygrows, but I think I'll still use their nighties in hospital, and just pop a babygrow on at visiting time.

Tracy xx

My best advice when it comes to packing your bag is to make hubby do it
It's not a joke, honestly!
HE will be getting stuff out of the bag all the time, and when you have got no patience left at the end of labour you do not need to be pointing at the bag going "it's in the LEFT pocket.....NO!!! THE LEFT POCKET DAMN YOU!!"

:lol:

I definately recommend packing a variety of sizes because my baby was 8lbs 1oz and even some of her newborn sized clothing swamped her. So I can only imagine how big it'd be on a smaller baby! :shock:

Hi Amber - good to see you back!! How are things going?

LB

Yea sarah Alex (1st baby) was too big for newborn and Chris (2nd) was too small lol so i have packed both this time, but there are always exceptions, a friend gave me some of her clothes the other day which she had bought for her 9month old and they were as small as my newborn clothes, she had ordered them online and so didnt know they would be so small, i found that with the boys some clothing makers use larger sizes than others so its hard to say... lol hope that makes sense... pregnancy brain strikes again!! :)

littlebump said:
Hi Amber - good to see you back!! How are things going?

LB

Everything is wonderful! I'm loving being a mommy to Ava and I'm quite excited about returning to Edinburgh with my husband for awhile next month!

Hi Amber

Its so lovely to hear the positives!

I do worry a lot about how I will be able to cope as a new mum because you hear so many horror stories about the first weeks.

I realise that it will be hard work but it is absolutely fantastic when you hear someone telling you that being a mother is wonderful.

You have really made my day! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back