A survey of sorts.. How many cycles did it take ttc and your age?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
I am only 2nd cycle ttc but... At 37yrs old and 20yrs on bc pill - im expectating a longer journey... Wondered if i am alone in fretting ?

Whats your age and how many cycles actively trying before your BFP ?

I was 35 when we started ttc and it took us 6 cycles. First 4 cycles we used ovulation kits, pre conceive gel and timed bd'ing to perfection. Then we stopped trying because it was to stressful and just chilled out. The month we conceived we only had sex once lol, once again we timed nothing. 19 days ago I had our baby boy :)

Good luck hun x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I'm 39 and came off BC April 2012 after 22 years! Didn't get first AF until June and fell pg October cycle sadly mc November and fell again January (another mc). So 4 cycles then 2 cycles.

I am 37 in 2 weeks, and have been ttc for 8 cycles after being on the pill for 19 years!

Took a few cycles to get the hang of what my body was doing, and think even now it is hard to get the timing right with busy lives etc.. This month I am giving it my best shot - fx for a BFP!! :)

xxxx

I'm 37 and this is cycle 8 ttc baby number 2. I didn't go back on the pill after i had my daughter 3 years ago so i kind of knew what was up with my cycle until we started ttc again and it went all screwy! Fell with my daughter second month, straight from being on the pill on and off for 16 years xx

I'm 29, cycle 3 ttc our first baby. We actually stopped using condoms over a year ago but nothing happened yet.. :confused: :(

I'm 40 now started just before 38th birthday I didn't realy try that hard for a few months then I got my bfp so I would say 5 months ish for first bfp once pill got out my system then I had mc and I wasn't realy trying very hard after that till the December after my 39th birthday I started to opk etc and got my next bfp in march and I then had another bfp in may :-( and again was another 3 months before I started ttc again but got a bfp the September after my 40th which was September gone and again I mc and I've been trying since this is the longest I've gone without getting a bfp it's been 8 months so I'm due in my bfp and hopefully will be a sticky one x

I chart my temp and use opks - so im buoyed up by the fact that i seem to be ovulating first cycle off bc. Cycle was long (35 days) but this 2nd cycle is shorter - looks like about 29 days. i am dpo6 today and have everything crossed for next week when i test...

Trying to wait til sunday (dpo10) at least.. Still earl but im going mad!! :)

I was 27 when ttc my son and had been on the pill since age 17...took me 3 months to conceive him with no problems

I was 31 when I ttc my daughter had been on the pill since giving birth to my son. Again conceived 3rd cycle no problems.......

This time I am 34 (35 in June) after being on the pill since having my daughter.........being trying since May 2012 and have had 2 miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy!

Between the age of 31 and now 34, I've had recurrent mc, but always fallen pg within 6 months apart from one spell when i was super stressed after my first mc.
1st bfp in 3 cycles
2nd in 7 cyces
3rd in 1st cycle!
4th in 5th cycle
5th in 2nd cycle

I'm 37 next tues (OH is 44 on sat). stopped taking pill properly last oct (was very forgetful on purpose till then!) got pg in jan - only dtd once in fertile window that month. Sadly lost bean at 11wks in march.

On 2nd cycle of trying since then. off on holiday to the states on Friday (booked it to cheer self up in week after mc) so hoping I'll be too distracted to symptom spot in the 2ww this month!

Yes statisically it's harder after 35, but doesn't mean it will be for you, some poor girls are struggling in their early 20s.

Last edited:
I'm only 27 and haven't used protection for at least 5 years (1 1/2 years with an ex and 3 1/2 years with current partner) since I was 19. Never actually had a bfp although I suspect I've had a few near misses (once after a year with ex, once after 3 years with OH and another 3 months later). Age obviously affects your chances a bit before menopause but I think it's mainly luck, with a slight effect from lifestyle! I DTD almost every day too lol x

Interesting reading ladies... Thanks for sharing.

I guess im just trying to manage expectation as im older. Some friends of mine same age have been trying for 18months or more... So i guess we'll see...

I'm 29 and came off pill in nov after being on it for 13 years constantly. Got bfp for cycles in after dtd every second day but sadly miscarried. Also dtd every second day last month and got a bfn so still undecided if it works!! Fx for you tho, everyone is so different x x

I was 29, 3 months off the pill (after 7 years on it) but using protection, concieved first cycle!

I was on the pill for nearly 20 years with a couple of breaks. Started TTC aged 38, nearly 2 years later still waiting for a :bfp:! Glad to see the comments and that age doesn't necessarily have to be a problem! :)

I'm 29. 26 when we started ttc. Not sure how many cycles, but 2 years 7 months.

However we couldn't naturally so if you only count ivf a pretty good 3 cycles :)

Ive seen a real mix of stories and ages - so i hope my age wont necessarily be an issue. Fingers crossed..

Lots of love and luck to u all xx

I'm 24, took 6 cycles off the pill after 6 years on it xxx

With my son I was 18 when i got pregnant 19 when i had him i concieved first month not planned lol!
Then we were ttc in june 2012, and august 2012 i turned 21 (still am 21)
I got a bfp in november was a chemical
bfp in december sadly had a miscarriage in january
and i got a bfp this month also. And i will be 22 in august

also ive never been on any contraception e.g the pill xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member