A rhesus D Negative...

Holly1991

Reaction score
Typical pain in the bum blood group!
Just received my special card I have to carry around with me everywhere incase I have an accident, or anything that causes bleeding! Scary stuff I'm going to guard my bump with my life!!!

Anybody else A rhesus D negative? Or am I on my own?!
X

I'm ab rhesus negative so your not alone. Oh is b positive too so not the best match. Had my test results and no antibodies so far so looking good :) first injection 28 weeks as planned x

Yes!!! Got my appt for 11th October! Typical eh. We don't do anything by halves lol :) I have a sticker to stick on my notes too... Idk where abouts to stick it though? Do either of you know!?

X

I dunno it's just written in mine. I don't have a card either but it's the first thing I tell everyone. We deffo don't do things by halves and kinda funny how alike we are haha x

Ahh okay' thank you anyway ill just paper clip it in for now :)
Haha yeah very alike!
X

I'm o rhesus negative. My sister is too, but was hoping that I'd got away with it, not a chance :(
Not looking forward the injection, it doesn't sound very pleasant :( x

I'm o rhesus negative. My sister is too, but was hoping that I'd got away with it, not a chance :(
Not looking forward the injection, it doesn't sound very pleasant :( x

I agree!! :( I hate having to have any jabs or medications but don't have a choice with this one.
I don't want my anti bodies to attack the baby!
X

The injection is not bad ! Had it a few times with DD x

Hey I'm rhesus negative, but my oh is too, exactly same! So wondering if that means I won't need jabs etc?

Holly, when did they discuss it with you? My booking in appoint was crap and she didn't really tell me anything.

Will it be discussed at 12 week scan or isit 16 wk appointment? Xxx

I am too. With my first pregnancy they forgot to give me injection, nothing happened though. Had with second child, and had injection after miscarriage last month. Needle doesn't hurt, but it stung for a while after the medicine was injected!

What's this about a card? I've never actually been told what it means for me and my babies.

Hey I'm rhesus negative, but my oh is too, exactly same! So wondering if that means I won't need jabs etc?

Holly, when did they discuss it with you? My booking in appoint was crap and she didn't really tell me anything.

Will it be discussed at 12 week scan or isit 16 wk appointment? Xxx

Mine was discussed at my early scan cause I was bleeding. So yeah I'd imagine at 12 weeks!
You will need the injection cause if our blood meets with baby or something our anti bodies will attack the baby! If they don't say anything to you bring it up to check with them. It's worth it.

I know I have to have a few injections during 3rd trimester plus labour.

X

I am too. With my first pregnancy they forgot to give me injection, nothing happened though. Had with second child, and had injection after miscarriage last month. Needle doesn't hurt, but it stung for a while after the medicine was injected!

What's this about a card? I've never actually been told what it means for me and my babies.

Mm I had a miscarriage last sept they're meant to give you an injection after so it doesn't attack the next baby. (But they didn't, as only just found out my blood group) so I dunno if it means this baby has the same blood group as me.

Ah good to hear thank you!' :)

The card is to let GP's and anybody around that you need an injection from abdominal injures and if you bleed after 3 months pregnant. Basically if your blood comes in contact with baby, your body creates a harmful anti body to attack and terminate the forgein body (I.e: your baby) worrying really! X

I had a miscarriage 6 weeks before I fell pregnant with my first child, and they didn't give me the anti D then either. My son has the same blood type as me.

I had a miscarriage 6 weeks before I fell pregnant with my first child, and they didn't give me the anti D then either. My son has the same blood type as me.

Ah thank you, so I reckon that's what my baby is.
I think it's awful they won't check your blood group before your pregnant. :/ so many people could keep having miscarriages because they haven't bothered checking your blood to save them! Makes me sad :/

Does this mean we could have bled a little then the anti d's attacked out first baby? I know once we bleed we only have 3 days to have an injection til it harms baby.

X

You know what, that does make sense now. I had 2 miscarriages before I had my son. Not sure what my daughters blood type is, but I guess if I didn't bleed at all with her and had the injections during pregnancy that kept everything in check. Also when I had my first urine test after I found out I was pregnant in march '13, they said there was blood in it. I continued on for another 6 or 7 weeks before I miscarried. Hmmmm, something to think about. And yes a shame they don't check, or at least make it known to people.

You know what, that does make sense now. I had 2 miscarriages before I had my son. Not sure what my daughters blood type is, but I guess if I didn't bleed at all with her and had the injections during pregnancy that kept everything in check. Also when I had my first urine test after I found out I was pregnant in march '13, they said there was blood in it. I continued on for another 6 or 7 weeks before I miscarried. Hmmmm, something to think about. And yes a shame they don't check, or at least make it known to people.

Yeah deffo, it's sad really that they don't check. Could save a lot of pain for people emotionally and physically !
See I bled at 6 weeks just a tiny bit. Cervix was closed.. Then three days later a full on miscarriage. Kinda irritated they didn't check really.
X

Last edited:
Being Rh negative on its own doesn't give any increased risk of miscarriage. For there to be a risk of rhesus disease there needs to have been previous exposure to cause sensitisation. But even a previous exposure doesn't increase the risk of a first tri miscarriage.

Partners blood type is generally considered irrelevant when offering the jab as there is no guarantee that father is who they think it is.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Being Rh negative on its own doesn't give any increased risk of miscarriage. For there to be a risk of rhesus disease there needs to have been previous exposure to cause sensitisation. But even a previous exposure doesn't increase the risk of a first tri miscarriage.

Partners blood type is generally considered irrelevant when offering the jab as there is no guarantee that father is who they think it is.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I agree with this and it's also only mc after a certain time that they need to offer anti d, something to do with how far along or active the placena is.

My little card & midwife said different, that any bleeding around that area at all needs an anti d, including miscarriage, abdominal injures etc etc. Atleast I know now to be careful & any blood is dangerous potentially. It's all fun being pregnant :L haha too many worries

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back