A released egg can be fertilised for up to 48 hours?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Is this true ladies?

I ov'd yesterday (I am pretty sure as I can feel it when it's an egg from my right ovary)

OH is away until tonight though.

So as long as we BD tonight and tomorrow we're still in with a chance?

xxxxxxxxxx

My gynecologist uses to say that once ovulation happens is almost to late to TTC. That ofc never stopped me from DTD that day and the day after just on case....nth to loose I would say go for it

Last edited:
From what I have read its 12-24 hours but if you BD tonight then surely you are in with a chance ;-) xx

I still think every day of the month has a tiny chance i seen this on google :) nothing to lose :) Good Luck xx

Attachments

• lh_e3gChart_CB_20101201_B0000532QB.jpg
    lh_e3gChart_CB_20101201_B0000532QB.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 12
Thanks ladies - we BD'ed a lot before OH left.

We tend to conceive quite easily though so fingers crossed....

xxxxxxxx

I still think every day of the month has a tiny chance i seen this on google :) nothing to lose :) Good Luck xx

We conceived first time around by having lots of sex just after my period finished (OH had been away for 2 weeks so this is how I know - we weren't trying at this point)

So I guess we have nothing to lose !!

xxxxxxxxxx

brill!! :D all the luck in the world for you! xxx

Nothing to loose , but most pregs are fertilised in the days before ov by sperm already waiting . Some eggs can perish after just 1 hour x

Nothing to loose , but most pregs are fertilised in the days before ov by sperm already waiting . Some eggs can perish after just 1 hour x

Really? 1 hour? my goodness, got to make sure all the BD'ing happens the days before then x

I think we missed it this month then.

I ov'd on Sunday but we last had sex on Tuesday night?

Rubbish!

At least I won't feel too guilty about having a few spritzers over Crimbo :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

WELL, you may still be in for a chance, I have read that sperm can live (in some cases) up to 7 days inside the sperm pool inside you, so even if you BD 6 days before you ovulated you could still fall preg. Once the egg is released the sperm leaves the sperm pool and moves up to the egg and then the egg chooses which sperm it wants.

I am hoping to get a BFP in january. I think(i say think due to my chem preg beg dec) im cd 11 so we BD last night and will again on CD12 and CD14 and CD16.. lol DH isnt complaining lol!
Its important to BD before you ovulate I think - we have been ttc for 6 months and have always BD when i ovulated and after.. nothing... last month we BD just before I ovulated and got a BFP, it was a chem preg but still a BFP!

GOOD LUCK XXX

WELL, you may still be in for a chance, I have read that sperm can live (in some cases) up to 7 days inside the sperm pool inside you, so even if you BD 6 days before you ovulated you could still fall preg. Once the egg is released the sperm leaves the sperm pool and moves up to the egg and then the egg chooses which sperm it wants.

I am hoping to get a BFP in january. I think(i say think due to my chem preg beg dec) im cd 11 so we BD last night and will again on CD12 and CD14 and CD16.. lol DH isnt complaining lol!
Its important to BD before you ovulate I think - we have been ttc for 6 months and have always BD when i ovulated and after.. nothing... last month we BD just before I ovulated and got a BFP, it was a chem preg but still a BFP!

GOOD LUCK XXX

We conceived first time around without paying any attention to dates (just having regular sex!) so I know there is always a chance LOL!

I guess I just have to wait and see - I am not hopeful though. Next month OH is not going anywhere [he won't be allowed to leave the bedroom LOL] so we can try to be a bit more precise with our timings :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
That's it hoey! we were the same last time, we just relaxed and just enjoyed having sex, i stopped putting so much pressure on it and it did finally happen.

LOL So next month might def be your month then! LOL. IF you are quite good with knowing when you are ovulating then i would just have sex every 2-3 days if you can the week before and after..... it will def happen for you honey!!

FX crossed for you! who knows maybe we will both had a BFP by then!!! :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back