A question from a newbie

H_Savage

Reaction score
Hello ladies, this is only my second post, I just signed up today. I've had a through read and you seem a lovely supportive lot. Me and le husband have just started trying. Came off the pill in late Nov and have had one pill bleed and one real period. It was due again on Sunday but so far... Nothing. Cycles have always been regular and I've come off the pill a number of times over the years to give my body a break and it's always gone back to normal immediately. Anyway... Was going to wait til the w/e to test but cracked and did it tonight. Negative (obviously, I guess, hence this post!) but I have no pmt or anything. Apologies for taking so long to get to the point, but: anyone got any suggestions as to why? Thank you anyone who got this far! Lily x

It may just be a glitch with your cycle. If there is still nothing in a week then test again (if u can wait that long). Also it may be worth investing in ovulation prediction kits to see when your fertile time is.

Hi by the way and welcome :wave: lol

Thanks :) I'm sure you're right, but my brain is totally fighting itself over thinking 'calm down, it's a pill-related glitch' and 'well... Maybe...' I think I'm going to invest in some of those opk thingies! I'm fairly sure I ovulated both months due to presence of the egg-white mucus but I'd like to be sure! I'm very new to this, so still learning the terms/signs/etc. focussing on conceiving could literally be a full time job! I'm clearly going to be *horrendous* for symptom spotting etc!

It does take a while for your natural cycle to kick in hun so just give it time, plus if you use the ov sticks you will be able to judge it better. I may be that you ovulated late this cycle thats all xx

And welcome to the crazy world of ttc x

Definitely going to get me some sticks, thanks for the advice girls. It really is a whole new world which I literally had *no* idea about! I'd never heard of egg white mucus til about six weeks ago and I thought opk was some king of 70's prog rock band! Looking forward to being able to talk about everything on here, ESP as we're not telling anyone we're trying :)

Lol!! You'll have lots of interesting conversations here about the female reproductive system I'm sure x

Hi hun I don't know anything about coming off the pill as I don't use the pill , I have invested in some cheap opks of the internent so I can test a few times aday to try and work out when I ov as we have been ttc usin the 14 days from ur first day of ur af and so for this hasn't worked and I have now realised u can ov at anytime , I find this site so useful as we are like you not tellin anyone we are ttc sorry I couldn't help with ur pill issuse didn't want to read and run xx

i ov about 16 days into my cycle hun so the opks do help lots, but they also make you a crazy lady who pees in pots all the time lol!

The crazyness has started already lol , I've order loads from 2 different websites think I may just have a years supply lol I think I got a bit carried away lol lol xx

Lynette, I'm definitely trying the pot thing next time I do a preggo test, weeing on a stick is actually harder than it sounds. Going to wait until the period arrives before I order any opks, just in case there actually is something going on. Appreciate everyone's advice on here, although I feel like such a noob!

Eek, are you supposed to do the test in the morning?! Does it really make a difference? Mine was in the evening.

Boo, I did a test this AM and it was negative. It's frustrating because my period has actually never been late before, so why it's now running a week behind schedule, this month of all months, is a frigging mystery! I just want it so show up and get itself over with!

Hi,
I've just joined today and I'm in the same boat.. totally confused! I came off the pill, had a 'normal' period and was due on, on 3rd Feb. I did a test on the 3rd and it was negative, but still no sign of my period. I have been having dizzy spells, sickness, mood swings and really tired. Has anyone any advice? I'm driving myself crazy wondering if I am or not. I feel lik emaybe the symptons are in my head!

Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back