A question about poo!

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Missbatesy, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Missbatesy

Missbatesy Well-Known Member

My little lady had her 5 day check up appointment yesterday and I mentioned that she hadn't poo'd for a couple days & she said that she reckons she would probably have gone yesterday but she didn't. The midwife is meant to be coming round to see me today because I was in hospital for a little yesterday due to exhaustion, I'll tell her that she still hasn't poo'd the last 3 days now. Is this something to really worry about or can it be normal because I'm sure I read somewhere it can be normal? She doesn't seem distressed, she hardly cries, loves her bottles, has plenty of wet nappies. Just no poo?! X

2. rheannymac

rheannymac Well-Known Member

It's really common Hun. Is she breast or bottle fed? I think it's more common for breast fed babies to go days without pooing, but it's still totally normal for bottle fed babies too. Especially with her still being so new her wee system is still getting used to everything. Sometimes my Harry will still go a day or two with no poop & he's 8 & a half months :) mention it to the HV if your concerned tho Hun, it's what they're there for! :) xxx

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

If someone is coming to see you hun then I'd def mention it. There is no harm in getting a second opinion??

James only goes every second (or even third day) and has been like this since he was 6 weeks... No we're weaning I can see him straining and it's horrid!

I used to worry he was 'bunged up' but he'd normally do a massive few poo's after 3 days of none.

Wet nappies are the most important but as I say if a MW is coming out then ask her and she'll put your mind at rest :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

4. Missbatesy

Missbatesy Well-Known Member

Thankyou! I think her formula is making her constipated, when I was changing her she started straining- paired with a lot of crying and I could see she was having difficulty getting it out! Bless her I felt so sorry for her. She did go ALOT though but it was like adult poo just a yellow colour. The midwife only called today and said that someone would come and see us tomorrow which puts my mind at ease. Xxx