a poll on sanitary wear...

lisa&alex

Reaction score
what do you wear tampons or towels? cloth pads, moon cup etc HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND IN A YEAR?? aprox guess

i cant wear tampons anymore they feel weird.. like they are gonna fall out.. so i tried cloth pads and they are truly amazing i will never ever go back to disposable pads. they are sooo comfy.. they dont smell anywhere near as grim as disposable pads (after use) and they save you money.. and tbh.. look realllyy cool lol..

so was just interested on how much you guys spend a month on pads and what brands you used.. i want to calculate just how much im saving and the average woman spends on pads a year..

moon cup, will never go back to pads ever!! I feel truely liberated. I keep a couple of tampons in my bag for if I ever start while out of the house.

tampons but I'm going to switch to moon cup. I could never wear pads as I hate the feeling of it running out of me :puke: I've no idea how much I spend, but my periods are fairly light and only last about three days, so not much.

The whole idea of a mooncup makes me feel sick :puke:

i personally dont fancy moon cup.. but then i dont have to heavy of a period..ive seen the moon cup and its harder than i thought it would be..

I've read good things about it and I thought it'll save me money in the long run, better for the environment etc, but I'm still a bit unsure about cleaning it! :puke:

I use tampons. I like the idea of the mooncup and I might invest in one at some point.

midna said:
lisa&alex said:
i cant wear tampons anymore they feel weird.. like they are gonna fall out.. ..

bucket.gif

FFS Mid I just choked on a malteaser! :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i use one packet so £2.50 of disposable pads.

its ALL ive ever used, cant use a tampon

I use cloth pads. Have a good selection now. Love the strawberry one Lisa thank you.

I've only ever used disposable pads, tampons freak me out. I've been considering going cloth, but I'm not sure about upkeep etc, I'm pretty shameless, but the sight of my earmufss soaking in the sink and hanging on the line may be an unfair thing to inflict upon those I live with..

zebrastripes said:
it's just a reusable fanny pad

:rotfl: thanks!

just looked at this site:

http://www.lottiesbotties.co.uk/p/product/0806124882-Night+panti+pads/

They seem a really good idea, I hated tampons, always felt uncomfortable, but pads were soo annoying, they either ended up sticking to skin making me walk funny as Im teyin to unstick them or they rustled, or so I thought!

These look really good, I looked into the mooncup but dunno it dont seem right somehow!

I would just be a bit worried about if I had a heavy period, then would it leak through?
My AF was always every six weeks and last 8 days, which was ok, but they tended to be heavy, when I get them back, I hope they will have calmed down!
Defo might look in to the reusables

I've always used disposable pads. Never ever tried tampons. They look too scary!
And i maybe blonde but i have no idea what a moon cup is! :oops:

lisa&alex said:
awh teehee you linked my site :D

here are instructions on how you do them up.. the patterned side is always the bit you bleed on

they do up jsut like a disposable pad

oh sorry! yours was on of the first that came up when I put it into AOL! (well once I got past the american ones!

So is there a plastic bit to stop it leaking through? Sorry im really intriqued and once I have made sense of it Im off to order a couple in time for my AF! (well when she wants to show herself!)
But knowing my brain at mo Id properly need it on my hand to make sense of it! l :lol:
though if the other side is towellin wouldnt it be better to bleed onto that side so it soaks it up or is the patterend side simular material?

it looks so much cheaper, I went and brought some tampax and pads the other day for when I come on, I brought 2 packs of pads and a pack tampax near on flamin £11 s*d off!

Okok ill shut up now! sorry!!!!

no there is no plastic.. hence why they are so comfy.. there is cotton (usually patterend) then towelling in the middle and then fleece on the back.. no blood will come through even in the night and on heavy bleeds nd they arnt thick and bulky they are pretty thin and very very comfy.. im sure others will tell you that they are comfy and not thick and bulky.. its not like wearing a brick between your legs.. they are slightly thicker than a disposable sanitary towel.. but not as thick as a maternity pad..

and you dont sound thick.. when you haven't used them before you have to ask questions :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back