A night in Hostpital

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
well I dont know if some of you remember I posted yesterday that I had itchy hands and feet and had for a whille, after speaking to midwife she asked me to go into hostptial for tests in the afternoon, well 5pm that night got a call to say have OC but shes spoken to senior dr and as Im at the hostpital on monday for scan they would start treatment then. Not even an hour later another call from the hostpital, could I go in now as I need to start treatment asap.

So thats was my Friday night, we drove there I pressumed I would be gibven a couple of tablets then sent on my way but they admitted me, being a wally hadent thought to take anything so sent hubbie back home (25 mins away) for some bits. After monetiring of a very squirmy baby and blood test and tables was allowed to sleep around midnight, but my god there were some snorers on there. So had about 4 hours sleep!!

Seems I will be expecting my LO a few weeks sooner than thought and now on tablets for my liver and will get increased checks, but by god ladies if your due to be induced the best advice I can give you is take anything and everthing to keep you occupied, flip flops for shower and toilet rooms, and a fan as it was uncomfortably hot. I was on the same ward as 3 induced ladies and all of them had pesserys 24 hours ago and nothing and were bored rigid!!

Anyway hoep your all still with me after my long tail, moral of the story is even if you think something silly ring and check with midwife!!!

Ahh, least your treatment is getting started and your being sorted out. :)
Hope all goes well for you and no more problems. Hope you have something to keep you occupied. xx

Glad you're ok hun and getting the right care :hug: xx

Hadnt thought about the flipflop idea!

Glad youre ok though xxx

God hun what a night at least will be sorted and under control. XXXX

aww hope evrythings ok and going well and your not too bored! also, great tip with the fli[p flops!! :D xxx

I hope everything settles down, your babys still got a bit of fattening up to do yet!
Good advice about the fan too. Not sure they'd let you have a plug in one but worth a try!!
The thing about the 3 women waiting for their pessaries to work rang a bell :lol: been there done that.

I keep saying to people to bring in earplugs and an eyemask so you can sleep but nobody ever listens I think I'm gonna put it in my signature.

Hope you feel better but so glad you where seen to quickly xx

Well funny thing is only just noticed the sticky thread on the top of here about it. I do have extreme tiredness and are constantly hot and put it down the ohhh every pregnant woman is like this but after speaking to a couple of mummy mates they all have said that I seem to be over the top tired but they didnt want to say anything cos everyones different!

The thing is I feel ok not poorly or anything just slightly itchy! ha ha Worst thing is Im 32 and my mum is on holiday in OZ till next week didnt want to tell her incase she worries or ruins her holiday but i will admit it I really do want a cuddle from my mummy I admit it!! LOL XXX

how itchy and hot and tired are we talking just incase!!! lol. Alot of us in tri 2 are moaning about tiredness etc and itchiness so be good to know your experiences to give us a heads up when we hit tri 3. xx

Well put it this way as far as tiredness went I would some nights go to bed at 7 be asleep by 8 and then wake at 7 the next morning and still be tired come 1 o clock in the afternoon the next day so I come home from work eat tea and practically go to bed. The itchyness hasent been as severe as Ive been reading that some ladies have it but mainly more so at night and when get too hot. As for hotness im sat here now in a vest top and no heating on and Im comforatbly warm and think its like 2o outside if that!!! I go to work in vest tops and sweat like mad!! They also say look out for the colour of your wee if its dark and for your skin going yellow. Mine hasent changed colour yet.

I dont want to scare anyone but Im so glad I called up im a person who dosent like a fuss and was due at hostpital monday anyway for a scan and it was only cos I didnt know if I would be seeing a midwife and google it and thought hmmm...... sometimes I suppose you just know.

Just want my baby to be safe if means she comes out earlier but shes going to be ok then so be it! XXX

Thanks hun thats good to know its so hard to figure it all out cos what with being pregnant and then with my arthritis etc. I could sleep all through the day and night thats if baby lets me. lol. I have horrendous itchy feet but a lot of ladies have that in tri 2 too.

Handy to be able to keep it in mind for everyone though. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back