A little word of advice.....

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by emilia, Jan 29, 2006.

1. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

I realise I'm posting this a little bit late for some, but nevertheless, I wanted to share a little advice with the rest of you having your babies soon and in the future!

Please made doubley sure that the doctor/midwife gives you a weeks supply of subpositories (spelling?). It is so important to help you poo with comfort especially after stitches. You MUST ask for it, otherwise you wont get it!!!
    I was never given them with previous two births and just about died every time I went to the loo. This time round I was given them and it made a huge difference! It also stops you from getting very painful piles in the future!!!!

Just a thought!
    Good luck
    Emilia xx

2. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I have actually got some suppositories in the cupboard

I take it you mean the glycerin ones, or is there something better you can get?

3. emilia

emilia Well-Known Member

Not sure Sarah... ones I got looked like wax-bullets :lol: :shock: :oops:

4. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

that sounds like the ones I have got. :D

they are quite cheap to buy actually, but if I remember I'll get some on prescription as well.

if people don't mind entering the "too much information arena", fruits like kiwi fruit and melon really help to get things moving. :oops: :)