A little white lie? Feeling bad!

BBaby

Reaction score
So today I have my sister-in-law to be hen night. The plan drinks at hers first (fish bowls full of cocktails, jäger bombs, shots etc), party bus arriving to drive round in with numerous bottles of cheap champagne and then on to town and a club!

Why couldn't it be a nice meal somewhere?

I considered my options, and as no one knows I'm pregnant going along and just not drinking wouldn't be an option ( even if I went down the antibiotic route I would still have people constantly trying to ply me with drink)

I considered saying water infection, can't drink and just going to house, on bus then home, but doing this stone cold sober is not my idea of fun and I would probably be dragged along to a club until all hours.

So have just text to say I have been sick during the night and am still being sick now, so can't see me going ..... Is this really naughty? I didn't sleep well through worrying about what I was going to say.

There are certain groups of friends you could get away with going out and no one would notice you ordering lemonade etc ..... But staying home seemed the easier option.

Tell me I'm not terrible? Xxx

Last edited:
You're not terrible lol. You didn't really have any other option tbh if you're not telling your news yet.

You are so not terrible. We need to do all we can to survive these difficult days and you do what's best for you. Although now you have said you are sick you could go down the, I think I'm well enough to come out for a bit but can't stomach alcohol although it sounds like that wouldn't be great for you so stay in feet up and watch tv. Get some rest whilst you can. It's so better when you can tell people :)

Thanks girls :)

I know ellesbells scan on 24th June can't come quick enough! Xx

Could you not just tell your sil but not tell anyone else and get her to cover for you? I had a boozy work day out yesterday and said I was on antibiotics but I've had a chest infection recently so it was believable. I still got up and had a wee dance and it was fine. It would be a lot harder if I was out with my real friends though. We're going away for the weekend in 2 weekends time for a wedding with a big group of friends so going to tell people before that as it'll be well obvious and I can't face lying, my friends are big drinkers!!! Xxx

Your not terrible. It's a shame you couldn't get away with ordering lemonade and making it look like vodka. I understand why you are not telling her. I am 6 weeks 6 days. We told my parents and my sister and her husband on Thursday but myself and my husband have said we won't tell anyone else (including his sister) until we have the 12 week scan. I agree with Cosmogirl7 can you not tell a little white lie about antibiotics to explain why you are not drinking x

Hey, I could of told sil, but problem is I've already told my mom dad and sister and my oh wants this dad to know next, then if we told his dad we would have to tell his sister etc etc and before you know it.

It's a bit selfish but I want to tell them with the scan picture as they will all be totally gob smacked, me and oh have been together 14 years married 10 and they had all given up hope!

Even if I told my sil other people would be trying to pour booze down my neck (and sil would be drunk by about 8pm so no help!) ..... I'm also naughty and would probably still have a few drinks on antibiotics if it was a big night out, so this probably wouldn't wash

The problem is the whole night is revolving around drinking huge amounts, most of the have already booked mon off work! Xxx.

Last edited:
Not terrible at all. I've got certain friends and places I've avoided because I know they'll quiz me if I don't drink and, like you say, antibiotics doesn't always work as an excuse because people still try to convince you to be naughty. If you'd have only ended up having a rubbish night, I say you did the right thing :)

Could you say it's antibiotics but say you've had them before and drunk while on them and it made you seriously poorly so you're not willing to do it again? It seems a shame to miss out on the whole night x

I'd have done the same hun especially at 9weeks, even the smell of alcohol was making me puke, and soooo tired. Put your feet up instead!!!! Everyone will u derstand when you are announcing your pg:)

Not terrible at all! I can see myself making up some terrible excuses over the next few weeks with birthdays, weddings etc. It's so difficult but definitely the right thing to do if you're not telling yet. Alsk I'm sure sil will be so thrilled when she finds out & will completely understand :)

Thanks everyone ..... Well I didn't go, was in bed for 9 and sure I probably feel worse this morning than all those with hangovers.

For the last few weeks I've been waking up sickly, hungry and sooooooo thirsty! ( I know I cant really be hungry as I'm eating 3 decent meals, but may cut portion sizes down and have more snacks in between, so not going as long without food)

Xxxx

I had the same problem I was pre 12 weeks over Christmas missed all the Christmas partys and 2 friends birthdays, I ended up telling them though because my hyperemesis was so bad I couldnt hide it after 7 weeks, but all were completely understanding once they knew. You need to take care of you and your little one xox

Im currently known as boring by all my mates as i didnt do anything to celebrate my birthday last thurs but they will all know soon enough why i didnt!xx

Snap Vicks, its my birthday this Thursday.
Just me and hubby driving to the Chinese! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back