A little warning about internet cheapie HPT's - personal experience :)

Sharcaz

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I just wanted to let you know my experience with the internet cheapie hpt's. I bought 100's of them literally ;) Believing they're 10miu sensitivity as advertised. When I finally fell pregnant I used a frer and a 25miu from home bargain...the lines were strong. For fun a few days later I did the home bargain one again and the IC thinking it would show awesome lines being so sensitive....the 25miu came up super dark and the so called 10miu IC barely showed at all, the line was questionable it was that faint!

So just be cautious of them, I'm not saying they're all bad, but obviously some aren't what they say they are! Home bargains sell 3 for 89p and they're 25miu. Pink box...and they work :D

Good luck everyone!!! :) xxxx baby dust all round! :dust:

I have the Home Bargains ones but not the dip ones like the ICs I have the 2 for 99p ones, I never worked out how sensitive they were but I will keep going with those then. I have about 10 boxes of them!

I have the Home Bargains ones but not the dip ones like the ICs I have the 2 for 99p ones, I never worked out how sensitive they were but I will keep going with those then. I have about 10 boxes of them!

Ah the ones I used are dip ones and the sensitivity was on the little instruction booklet inside :D maybe it's on there in yours :) I've lost confidence in the ic's now after that!

Hehehe you're well stocked then!! I was the same :D I also had a clearblue digi and frer hidden in the back of the drawer for confirmation when you see that second line ;) Loads of luck to you honey xxxx

Ah the ones I used are dip ones and the sensitivity was on the little instruction booklet inside :D maybe it's on there in yours :) I've lost confidence in the ic's now after that!

Hehehe you're well stocked then!! I was the same :D I also had a clearblue digi and frer hidden in the back of the drawer for confirmation when you see that second line ;) Loads of luck to you honey xxxx

We wont mention that I also have 2 CB digi ones and 4 First Response ones too! Haha yes I cant be accused of being under prepared when its time to test again! I am watching OBEM and more broody than ever, so desperate for it to be my turn. Worried that at 34 it might take longer still, but fingers crossed! Thank you :) Hope all goes well for you too xxx

I had this exact thing. I wasn't getting anything on my one step strips, but got a clear positive on the superdrug 10 miu, and the boots 25miu. I eventually got a really faint line, but would have mistaken it for an evap line if I hadn't already done the other tests

I had this exact thing. I wasn't getting anything on my one step strips, but got a clear positive on the superdrug 10 miu, and the boots 25miu. I eventually got a really faint line, but would have mistaken it for an evap line if I hadn't already done the other tests

Ah I'm glad it's not just me! I just know when you're trying and you see no line, the heartbreak it causes...so wanted people to be aware of them as they're sooo common now! :)

We wont mention that I also have 2 CB digi ones and 4 First Response ones too! Haha yes I cant be accused of being under prepared when its time to test again! I am watching OBEM and more broody than ever, so desperate for it to be my turn. Worried that at 34 it might take longer still, but fingers crossed! Thank you :) Hope all goes well for you too xxx

Hehehehe it's gotta be done!! I found out at 6:30am while hubby was still asleep...and I was creeping round the house finding them all and unwrapping them all (the cellophane is not quiet!) ;) I'm also watching OBEM right now hehe! Hang in there, it'll be your time soon!! you don't need to be worrying at 34 chick :) it took us a year to conceive and the month we fell pregnant was the one where we kinda just gave up "trying", and really relaxed and naturally didn't focus on it. Got fed up of all the BFN's! So I think relaxing and having a bit of fun has a lot to be said for :)

Good luck!!! You'll be frantically fumbling for all those good tests soon ;) xxx

Hehehehe it's gotta be done!! I found out at 6:30am while hubby was still asleep...and I was creeping round the house finding them all and unwrapping them all (the cellophane is not quiet!) ;) I'm also watching OBEM right now hehe! Hang in there, it'll be your time soon!! you don't need to be worrying at 34 chick :) it took us a year to conceive and the month we fell pregnant was the one where we kinda just gave up "trying", and really relaxed and naturally didn't focus on it. Got fed up of all the BFN's! So I think relaxing and having a bit of fun has a lot to be said for :)

Good luck!!! You'll be frantically fumbling for all those good tests soon ;) xxx

I hope so! I have terrible period problems and erratic periods so I have to strongly rely on OPKs and now temping, I would love to think I can tell everyone on here soon!

OBEM was lovely so many cute bubbas! Nope they are so loud, especially in my en suite and my husband is sleeping (he works nights) so to counteract that, I got rid of all the cellophane in advance! Binned it all with each batch I buy haha I am terrible!

Last time I got some from Amazon called 'ultra early 10mlU' and they were super cheap.
When I had my daughter got a positive 1 week before I was due. So I was gonna buy some more of these. Are these not reliable?

Last edited:
I used the extra wide Amazon ICs and they showed a decent line for me. But the Ebay ones didn't.

I also used the 25mlu home bargain ones and they're great.

The plastic ones are 25mlu too!

They do some in a blue box and they are 15mlu. They've all showed decent lines so far xx

Funny as I had the opposite problem, getting clear negative on Superdrugs early tests that everyone raves about and had a lovely line on the cheapies. I've used both the one step and cassenovum brands and had no problems with them.

Sarahme - if you've used a particular one before and worked then great :D

Seems it depends where you get your IC's from, the ones I had were off ebay - OneStep.

Slb - glad you've had a good experience with the home bargain ones too :)

I'm not saying they're all bad - just sharing my experience with the ones I used, as I totally trusted what I was buying was 10miu and seemed they weren't :/ So I'll be wary from now on :) xxx

I've always got on well with the cheapies.

I've had a bfp at 9 dpo and two at 10dpo.

In fact, the 9dpo bfp was better on the cheapie than it was on a Superdrug test.

My fav test is a frer though. Got 6 ready and waiting in my bathroom cabinet, along with 2 digis and loads of cheapies.

XX

I've always got on well with the cheapies.

I've had a bfp at 9 dpo and two at 10dpo.

In fact, the 9dpo bfp was better on the cheapie than it was on a Superdrug test.

My fav test is a frer though. Got 6 ready and waiting in my bathroom cabinet, along with 2 digis and loads of cheapies.

XX

Hehe I have to agree on the frer's! Think you're well prepared there! Tons of luck to you for your bfp! :D xxx

I had my bfp on home bargains. Got a deal on CB digi and did them rather than frer. I think the lines are too slim not worth the hype x

After my mc i wasnt suposed to ttc for a couple of months. I entertained myself by bidding on ICs on ebay and ended up with 6 or 7 different brands and after my BFP this month I agree that the sensitivity doesnt seem to mean much. All but one brand had super faint squinters within the time 9dpo. My favourite turned out to be one of the 25miu ones which dried quite dark and distinctly pink. The line on the 10miu one was similar within the time but I couldnt see a line once it had dried. I'd place the 10mui as about 5th down my list of favourites. 10 dpo all but one had faint but clear lines within the time and my top test dried surprsingly dark for an early BFP. The one with no line the day before had a super faint squinter. FRER is still my favourite but for the price most ICs are actually not bad. My experience is that you can be sure of your BFP a few hrs earlier with a FRER but they also get pretty expensive if you are a POAS addict like me :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back