A little upset now

Rachel

Reaction score
I was talking to my nan today and we were talking about getting pregnant and she told me that as soon as she come off the pill she got pregnant within a month and my mum after 2months.

My nan told me she was on the pill for about 9 years before she come off it to try for a baby and my mum was on it for about 2 years and both got pregnant very quick.

Now heres me, never been on the pill and been ttc for about 5 months now and nothing.

I know that 5months isnt that long to some people but when you consider that both my mum and nan got pregnant very quick after coming off the pill it makes me wonder why i havent got pregnant sooner :? so im a little upset now that they both got pregnant nearenough straight away but im having no luck :(

Im probaly abit more upset now because i got af today when i thought for sure i was pregnant :(

Anyway i'll stop going on now, good luck to all of you :)
Rachel

awww hun dont take it to heart they were just extremely lucky its just the luck of the draw :?
sorry u got af hun hope this month will be better for you and you get a nice bfp :)
good luck xxxxxxx

Not everyone gets pregnant straight away. It actually took my body eight month to get back to a normal rhythm after stopping it and we gave it a year just to make sure.

Just try and enjoy yourself and let nature take its course. Obviously easier said than done, but stay positive!

Hi Rachel

Sorry to here about AF.

Don't worry about what your Nan said. Every contraceptive pill is different and formulas may be stronger and more effective now and take longer to get out of your system.

It took me 3 months of trying the first time and I'd only been on the pill for 6 months so you can't tell.

Stay positive and relaxed and it will happen for you

Louise x

Hi rachel

I know how you feel. Life just isn't fair! I came off the pill last september so it's been out of my system a full year now! My periods got back to normal quite early on and I was confinced I'd be pregnant within a few months. But NO.. not been so lucky as yet. I have a friend who run out of pills and kept missing her docs appointment due to being busy with work etc... Anyway she borrowed a packet from another friend who was on the same type, however she started the packet a week late and guess what!!!!! she got caught pregnant. She wasn't trying and was quite shocked. She has one of each and wasn't planning on any more! She is over the moon now!

But I agree with you.. life just insn't fair.. Don't be too put off thou your time will come, maybe this month. I keep telling myself every time I get AF that i'm only 2 weeks away from trying again.

Are you using any method? eg temping or using ovulation sticks?

Good luck

Hi Rachel,
I know how you feel. I was convinced I was pregnant a few days back and then the red sea happened!!! Im off to Egypt soon so gotta have jabs but putting ttc on hold til after my hols. Was ganna canx hols if pregnant but it wasnt my time. I have been on the pill for ten years and fell pregnant after three months but sadly miscarried in april but its taking me ages to fall now so just waiting patiently for my time. Your time will come and in the meantime take your folic acid and chill baby!
Nichola X

puff puff said:
Hi Rachel,
I know how you feel. I was convinced I was pregnant a few days back and then the red sea happened!!! Im off to Egypt soon so gotta have jabs but putting ttc on hold til after my hols. Was ganna canx hols if pregnant but it wasnt my time. I have been on the pill for ten years and fell pregnant after three months but sadly miscarried in april but its taking me ages to fall now so just waiting patiently for my time. Your time will come and in the meantime take your folic acid and chill baby!
Nichola X

Sorry to hear about your miscarrige and that you got af. Have fun on hols and good luck ttc when you get back :)
Rachel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back