A letter arrived at the post...

Hope81

Reaction score
With her name on :shock:
It's the nursery letter with what se needs etc and how things are done.
It starts by saying at what class and group she is in lol.
Then what she needs! 3 whole outfits, loads of diapers not pull ups and environmental friendly :roll:, a rain suit, a raincoat, boots, a whole woolen outfit for cold days, 2 jackets, a winter hat, a summer hat,winter gloves, a winter scarf, slippers, pajamas, bibs, everything including all clothes tagged with her name :( (how oh earth I am tagging the clothes exactly???dont tell me I have to sew on her name in baby clothes that they outgrow every 3 m???i don't even know how to do that!!!miserable.com lol)
Babies that sleep in a bed they need a travel cot (what on earth I am going to do with that I don't know, she only sleeps in her cot and she hates the travel cot :(), bunnies comfort toys, blankets and generally everything she sleeps with.
If someone else picks her besides me or my oh we need to fax to the nursery a copy of their ID signed from both parents.
Their daily schedule is breakfast-playtime-nap- walk to the woods/other outdoor activities/swimming/field trips :roll:-lunch-nap-playtime

oh my God I am stressed beyond words. My baby is going to school :(
I cried looking at that letter :(

I work in a nursery & it does sound like an awful lot of stuff you're being asked to provide. We ask for a spare change of clothes, pair of socks, 2 vests, sheet & blanket for their wee sleep mats (which we provide so everyone is the same), any nappy creams you want put on in the event he/she needs it, packet of wipes & 6 nappies a day. If he/she doesn't use that many nappies we adjust the amount we ask for the following day & so on. We also ask that he/she brings a coat along, just in case.
We ask that all items are name tagged but what I tell parents is just to write the name on the label with a fine permanent marker if they don't mind using marker on the labels. Much quicker than any other way.
We do ask for copies of ID/photos etc. if someone else is collecting. It sounds a bit much but after a while parents like it because it proves just how secure their pride & joy really are.

Blimey they want you to supply her with a travel cot?!!

That list sounds like a holiday packing list!! I know it's cold where you are but that list of clothing is a bit extreme especially as like you say babies grow very fast!!

I'd be inclined to ask whether they need all of those clothes in one go or just the relevant clothes for the relevant seasons because if you supply Summer clothes in Winter chances are they'll be too small and go to waste by the time she needs them.

I hope she enjoys nursery! :)

Oh and you can buy 'iron on' name labels over here so have a google and see what you can find where you are x

Yep they actually want a travel cot if she sleeps in a bed or I suppose thy sleep them on the floor but Amelie will not stay a sec on the floor and nap...
She only sleeps in her cot in a dark room! And she hates the travel cot with passion. I can only hope that she will sleep there as she will see other kids sleeping too but I have serious concerns about that :(

I will ask about the clothes when I go first day there. I suppose it says summer clothes too as she is going 15 August and it can be freezing cold or so hot around then.
Do you leave the clothes permanently at the nursery? I was just thinking that I just pack her one pair of clothes with her each morning?
I am completely clueless!!!
So they wash all the clothes etc there then?
That will be a problem in my pocket if I have to provide her with so many things that they stay permanently at the nursery! Those rain whole body winter suits they refer too cost close to 100 pounds. I would preferably have only one that I can use home and there instead of leaving one there and need one more at home too heeeh.

I imagine those clothes will stay with Amelie until she uses them & you are requested to send more in. For some of my charges that is a daily thing! lol
You might be surprised with Amelie. It's amazing what they're willing to do when they see all the other kids doing it. :)
I don't imagine that the nursery will wash the clothes on site. I imagine they'll send them home to you.
And if there is anything you don't want to leave in nursery then don't leave it hun. You're the paying customer so just explain that as/when items are needed you'll bring them in.
It's such a daunting experience for mummies but it really will be ok. *hugs*

Thats a crazy list. We have a spare outfit in her bag and i just provide nappies and wipes now as she dnt have milk in the day.
A sunhat and suncream.

That is a list and a half! I've sent T to nursery since he was 6 months old with one set of spare clothes, wellies, slippers and comfort blanket. And when I pick him up if he's in the same clothes I'd just leave his bag there.
Can't believe that they are asking for travel cot, their room must be filled up with cots when its nap time! most nurseries I've seen have a corner with cushions or a mattress where the kids would sleep, and a few travel cots for those who needed them.

As for tagging all clothes with her name, I just use a fabric pen and write on the label as there's no chance I'd sowing a label on everything.

I'm sure it will be fine once Amelie starts at nursery, I remember how stressed i got when sending T for the first time, and I'm dreading going through it again when this baby comes.
xxxx

Blimey that is a long list :shock:

The nurseries that I've been to look at here either have a room with a bunch of cots in it, or have mats that they put out on the floor - I'm a bit concerned about the mats too, I'm sure Alex wouldn't sleep on one at home, but I hope that he'd get used to it there as he doesn't have a choice! Most of them provide nappies, and have individually labelled pots of cream for their bums so they don't share. They also provide formula (or you can take in expressed breast milk).

Most of them would want to see ID if somebody other than the normal people (me, OH, my parents) were coming to collect Alex, but I don't think they'd need it faxed signed by BOTH parents - surely one would do?! I imagine that might be a nightmare if you have to ask somebody else to collect LO at the last minute in an emergency :roll:

Anyway, good luck - I'm sure it's far worse for us than it is for them :hug: Alex will be starting at the end of August - but only if I can actually find a place for him (everywhere here has massive waiting lists :( ).

Wow that's a ridiculous list!
At William's nursery we take in a who,e pack of nappies, wipes and cream which stay there in the baby changing room and they inform us each time it gets low to provide more. Saves gagging around packing nappies every day! They also have a sleeping room full of cots, pushchairs or cushions for wherever baby sleeps best. At home he'll only sleep in his cot but at nursery he always sleeps on the cushions right next to children playing. I still haven't worked out how they get him to do that lol.
I take him one spare set of clothes in his bag every day, he very rarely needs them any more though, the same set has sat in his bag about 3 weeks. They do provide some though if you forget or get through more than you send. We have to provide coats, hats etc but just take them in daily according to the weather.
They will provide us with all food/snacks except milk unless you chose to provide everything yourself.
Your nursery sounds crazy but maybe they just do things differently over there x

Here the nurseries and preschools are very oriented to outdoors regardless the weather so I suppose thy need more than one outfit?
In the leaflet that they sent us some of the activities was sandbox, wood walks, treasure hunts in sand/wet sand, wall climbing, canoeing etc for older kids.
The also have loads of messy playing inside the nursery?
I have no idea really we will see how that will go I suppose. I am completely overwhelmed with that list.
They provide all milk and food. No idea about diaper cream.
Also no idea why not pull ups?

A lot of daycare providers aren't particular fans of pull ups if potty training because they are essentially just like nappies. They feel the same as nappies when on etc. That said, it should entirely be the parents choice.

Aww. I have to admit it sounds horrible if it was me the thought of my lo being away from me all day with all her stuff somewhere else. You're very brave!! Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back