A glimpse into the future.....

JoanneG79

Reaction score
Just popped along to the local Co-op to get a sandwich for my lunch as I was a lazy cow this morning and didn't get up to make it myself!

There was a child in there, about 3 ish, however, this was no ordinary child. This was the devil child! He was screaming (the fake crying kind!) that he wanted a magazine over and over and over and over (you get my drift?!) again. :shock:

Fair play to the mother, she didn't give in, and calmly went about her shopping trip as if she couldn't hear him... maybe she had ear plugs in, I didn't notice!

She did however catch me looking utterly horrified in her little angel's direction and sort of grimaced at me saying "kids eh?!"

Once she got out of the shop she stopped him, told him to stop embarrassing himself, keep quiet and that saying I heard as a child "I want does not get!"

I am now scared........:oooo:

Haha, yip all of this is to come! I've got 2 kids, raised exactly the same way and yet my eldest doesn't throw tantrums and ever since he was young has understood that once he gets a no, that's it. My daughter on the other hand is a screamer. She will throw herself on the ground, scream at the top of her lungs and doesn't care who is watching. I think she knows she makes me uncomfortable so does it on purpose.

My mother in law told me that when she had her first born (my husband) she was convinced that she understood parenting better than those with screaming children. Adam was well behaved, quiet and polite and she looked down her nose at the other mums...
Then her daughter came along and screamed from the moment she was born until... well she's 28 now...

You people are not helping!! Basically though, girls are pains in the arse and boys are better behaved?

That sounds about right really, my nephew is 5 and is so well behaved it is scary. Think I can count on 1 hand how many times I have heard him demand something. He just gets a look from my brother and he knows he has been bad!

I still get the look from my Mum sometimes and I am 34 now! It still brings me up short though!

I need to learn it!

I fully believed this boys easier than girls business. But my daughter has only started being really difficult since she started school and my neighbours boy is not even 2 and he can scream and throw an amazing tantrum with the best of them. There's light at the end of the tunnel, well with boys anyway. My mum says i just got worse the older i got. Hee hee

Me and my brother were very well behaved, my friends little boy in the other hand takes 3 people to watch him when they go shopping cos he's a nightmare. My other feud a little girl is fine but is a runner rather than a screamer lol her mum just invested in a lovely pair of child reins lol they're useful

I found out recently that my OH was a nightmare child too - he didn't sleep AT ALL and suffered from ADD so ended up on Ritalin, which explains a lot!! Even my OH has said he hopes the baby takes after me and not him!! You and me both Mr!

I work with toddlers day in day out up to 12 a day in our room!!!

There our stories i cud scare you with lol. But i wont because you wont care too much even if they are a pain coz the good times and the fab moments just you two will share will make it all worth while.

I keep tellin myself that anyway lol!!!

Michelle. x

I am going to a suprise birthday meal on sunday, and my kids are invited (they are 3 and 7), but the step-grandkids of the man whose birthday it is, aren't coming as 'they won't sit and eat and behave!!!!' oops (they are 11,7, 4, 2)

kinda makes me proud of my 2! but my daughter can kick off when she really wants too, not very often! To get her away from the holiday park we went to earlier in the year, we had to remove her kicking and screeching! and she scratched all up my arms!!!!!!! usually if she's really over tired :)

I work with toddlers day in day out up to 12 a day in our room!!!

There our stories i cud scare you with lol. But i wont because you wont care too much even if they are a pain coz the good times and the fab moments just you two will share will make it all worth while.

I keep tellin myself that anyway lol!!!

Michelle. x

My Mum works in a nursery, I have no idea how she does it! She refers to the parents as "one of her mums or dads!" and the kids as "one of my kids".

I have popped in to see her a few times and I can't wait to get back out again!

I am going to a suprise birthday meal on sunday, and my kids are invited (they are 3 and 7), but the step-grandkids of the man whose birthday it is, aren't coming as 'they won't sit and eat and behave!!!!' oops (they are 11,7, 4, 2)

kinda makes me proud of my 2! but my daughter can kick off when she really wants too, not very often! To get her away from the holiday park we went to earlier in the year, we had to remove her kicking and screeching! and she scratched all up my arms!!!!!!! usually if she's really over tired :)

Haha! My Mum and Dad had the 4 of us well trained, we were not allowed to cause a scene in public and embarrass them!

I will be bringing this one up the same! Its the in laws that yell and scream at each other in public - I just walk away pretending I am not with them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back