a food question

melhoney

Reaction score
During ghe 2ww, are there any food that we should avoid having?
I had a spicy thai soup last night, thats all i had in mind the whole day and loved it only to ghink afterwards mahbe i should not have...
i know papaya is a natural contraceptive but what about spicy food or anything else?
Ta.

Nothing that I can think of but I'll be interested to hear from other ladies.

I'd also love to hear if there is anything that can actually aid a healthy conception?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
well wen im in the 2ww i tend to avoid things ur not meant to eat during pregnancy (as essentially there is the possibility in 2ww u could be pg)

so i tend to avoid like shellfish....soft cheese.....alcohol (this is easy as i dont drink)....coffee, ummm think thats it really

other girls may say its fine to eat/drink these.....im not a pro or anything its just what i do for my own peace of mind xxxxx

I drastically cut back on alcohol during the 2ww, but I don't totally abstain (I will this month but last month I was in 2ww over Christmas)

I drink under the recommended amount of caffiene for pregnant women per day normally and I don't like most of the foods they tell you to avoid in pregnancy. I hate pate, shellfish, moudly cheeses etc...

I also eat a lot of rocket and radishes (I have them in a side salad with dinner at least 3/4 times per week) both of which are high in Folic Acid. I just love both rcoket and radishes LOL it's not a TTC thing.

Last edited:
I don't worry about eating anything as long as it's in moderation - if your body craved something all day I can't see that it would be bad for you.

I believe in listening to your body and I don't diet as I think that any false, external restriction on what/how much you eat only leads to bad things like binging, yo-yo weight gain/loss and eating disorders.

If you were pg, you would not be sharing a bloodstream in the 2ww so what you eat and drink would not be getting through much to baby anyway.

xxxx

Thanks Ladies.
I was not too worried about what if I am pregnant, can the food arm baby, but more whether, as Crnat 22 said, there are food items that could help with implantation or some that could prevent implantation.

I know Papaya is a big no :shakehead:, also too hot showers was mentionned to me when I was pregnant 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back