a few questions.... TMI likely

I was the same after having Logan, from one week onwards my sexdrive went through the roof, but OH wasn't interested, I think maybe seeing the birth and the bleeding afterwards put him off, I think it was about a month before we had sex :lol:
I think if you feel up to it, and can get your OH in the mood go for it (with condom!), I think there are types of contraception (pills?) that you can start before your 6 week check too.
Things will go back to normal eventually, just give it time :hug:

We had a bit after around 2 weeks after i had benjamin. It didn't hurt and we felt closer after only thing is i was hugely dissappointed...... :rotfl: ( it didn't feel the same ). I'm slowly getting back to normal i think, with the help of the pelvic floor exercises.

We didn't use a condom as i was told by midwife that it was safe until benjamin was 3 weeks old ( 21 days) and also read it in a booklet that was given by the health visitor ( not sure if you want to risk it though... but they said it was safe)
I'm waiting until my 6 week check ( which will actually be at 8 weeks) to sort out contraception, for the minute we are using condoms.

thanks misssara, do you know if there is there any specific reason why its left till the 6 week appt?

my GP made the mistake of puting me on the pill 3 weeks after LO was born and it made me feel quite ill! i felt sick and dizzy and bled really badly!! when i asked him why i felt like this he said i shouldnt be on it till LO was 6 weeks and he thought i had said my LO was 6 weeks :evil: think they say 6 weeks because it takes your body that amount of time to heal! by the way i had stiches but did the deed after 3 weeks!! jump ure oh!!!!!!!!!!!

It took us months before we done the deed again but thats because my sex drive just disappeared :( and after 2 yrs its only jut starting to come back.

MissSara said:
We didn't use a condom as i was told by midwife that it was safe until benjamin was 3 weeks old ( 21 days) and also read it in a booklet that was given by the health visitor ( not sure if you want to risk it though... but they said it was safe)

I can't believe the MW said that to you, thats terrible of her because you can get pregnant straight away after birth, my MIL's mate got pregnant 2wks after giving birth.

Just to be safe I really wouldn't risk it without a condom or the pill, everyones bodies are different and there is a chance you could get pregnant again straight away!

we tried it about 10 days after the birth

i felt ok down there, but omg i wasnt! sex hurt so much we (well, me lol) could never finish it- in fact we barely got started! we kept trying every few days and he put it in once and i squealed in pain i was like this :talkhand: poor guy had blue balls for about 2 months!

i think its ok to use a condom any time, not sure tho my boyf wont use them.

not sure how soon ur fertile if u formula feed, i was exclusively BFing which if done properly as per research is 99% effective- same as the pill and more than condoms! if u wanna protect urself now tho dont see what harm it can do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back