A different pain?

dollface79

Reaction score
I first joined to ask about the period like pains i had when i first found out i was pregnant and was reassured by everyone here it was normal and nothing to worry about... well they calmed down a lot at around 8 weeks and not really felt much since then till now.

I'm getting a quick sharp stabbing pain in the lower left side of my belly... so quick by the time i can say ouch it has stopped lol but it comes back again a few mins later... is this normal too?

Hi dollface,

I've had some pains like you've described and I've found that they are related to my constipation (tmi, I know!). I have IBS anyway so I'm kind of used to having these kinds of pains, but as it's in the same area as the baby, it can be quite worrying! Anyway, it could just be a gas bubble or something like that?

I've had exactly the same, comes and I worry and goes and I forget about it and I'm fine!:)

Xx

Michaelsmum, this is exactly what my doc told me. I was in incredible pain with a sharp stitch like pain on my side. He said it wasn't pregnancy related but due to my constipation...I didn't really believe him because he didn't examine me. Poor doc, goes to medical school for how many years and I'm like whatever and take what the ladies say here more seriously. I suppose it's because we're all in the same boat :) xxx

The only thing is i have had no constapation... lol if anything it's been very easy for me to go to the loo!

I have also had pains like this and when i sneeze i also get really sharp stabbing pains :(

But i have been told that it is just your body stretching so i guess its worth it :)

Still so hard not to worry x

Michaelsmum, this is exactly what my doc told me. I was in incredible pain with a sharp stitch like pain on my side. He said it wasn't pregnancy related but due to my constipation...I didn't really believe him because he didn't examine me. Poor doc, goes to medical school for how many years and I'm like whatever and take what the ladies say here more seriously. I suppose it's because we're all in the same boat :) xxx

lol Tara! I find different people's personal experiences are sometimes much more reliable than the doctor! All I know is that because of my IBS, I have felt these pains before. These babies have hijacked our bodies and all these aches, pains, and niggles will continue for the whole 9 months! I was pregnant 8 years ago and it's funny the things I've forgotten or just didn't experience then that I am now....selective memory lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back