A couple of questions

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Longlegs, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Longlegs

Longlegs Member

Hi, got a BFP over a week ago. We had fertility treatment but hadn't thought it had worked as had a negative test but two weeks later had a surprise BFP after I started throwing up! Had a six week scan and all looks good so yay :). I have an eight year old so it's been a very very long time since I was pregnant and feeling quite old lol.
    So I have a couple of questions. Firstly I'm huge! I've had to go out today to buy bigger trousers. I'm normally a size 8-10 but was having trouble doing my jeans up before i even got the BFP! I bought a pair of size 8 maternity jeans which fit but are a bit big around the belly and a couple of size 12 normal jeggings but of course they are all baggy around the bum and legs. Main problem I've got is I have a work shirt supplied which I'm growing out of a bit quick but I'm not ready to go public until the twelve seek scan. I've got mild ohss which is probably making me rounder but I'm normally like a long bean pole so I'm struggling to hide it! Any tips on how to hide it? I was thinking i might just tell everyone I've got fat lol.

Second question. Before I got the BFP I started getting stabbing pains in my lower stomach to each side. I put it down to over doing it in the gym but it must have been pregnancy related. I'm still getting it when I get up too quick, sneeze, cough, move a funny way. Is this the ligaments? I had spd last time and I ended being signed off work at 27 weeks until the end. I really want to avoid that happening this time. I feel very achy in my lower stomach if I stand for too long.

2. Nic_M

Nic_M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your bfp! I wouldn't mention your weight to people at work just ask for a shirt in a bigger size, I'm sure people would be too embarrassed to ask if you've put on weight. I had lots of sharp stabbing pains from about 4 weeks, I'm still getting them when I sneeze now at 9 weeks but they're definitely not as bad as they were

3. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

I agree with Nic - if you ask for a bigger size no one is going to comment out of fear of insulting you!! I also distinctly remember some very sharp stabbing pains which were a little alarming at the time but everything seems fine with my bubba so far :) I think it's fairly normal in the early stages and I would have thought it'd be too early for the spd to be making a comeback.. Fingers crossed it doesn't get you this time! xx

4. ffeefifofum

ffeefifofum Member

My friend just told people she'd been eating a lot of cake recently :lol:

I think in general the people who'd never been pregnant believed her, but those of us who had recently been pregnant were more sceptical - if she'd worn baggier tops it'd have been more believable I think - but even those of us who were suspicious just laughed along with her cake comments, we would never had said anything to suggest pregnancy until she made her big announcement! :)