A bit worried

Vic27

Reaction score
I have posted before about having thrush which I got cream for but it doesn't seem to be doing much so went back to the doctors today and got a prescription for the pessary 6 day course. I have never used anything like this before as never had thrush before and urs not terrible but it seems to get worse at night and I wake myself up clawing at it. So I was advised to use it at night I read the instructions carefully and used the applicator that comes with it. Then I decided to check reviews etc online and which I hadn't everyone keeps saying dont use the applicator to put it in which I did! I'm worried that it'll do something bad! I can actually feel the pessary inside it feels quite low as if it would fall out if I stand up do u think its ok and did I do it right?

I was advised to use the applicator, do it just before bed, and then overnight it should do its work for you. (Because your not upright and letting it work its way out!!)

Don't be out off by all you read online, honestly it's fine. Dr would have said not to use the applicator if it was genuinely bad!!

Thanks Hun I'm so silly checking online afterwards! I'm just lying in bed watching tv so hopefully it'll work! I didn't put the applicator too far in either I hope the itching goes away it has been horrible one min its fine the next I've got ants in my pants! X

I've had it for a few weeks now again for the second time, I had the pessary the first time and it worked for a few days and the relief was amazing but then it came back with a vengance lol I used the applicator and I used it at about 2pm and it didn't fall out of anything, if you don't think it's far enough in just push it up with a clean finger. Hope it works for you :D x

im prone to it and use pessery quite regular through prgnancy instead of going right inside with the aplicator feel half way down it then insert its fine i have had no problesm whats so ever and used about 9 pessarys in this pregnancy x

Thanks roxyroo! It just felt a bit strange at first but feels ok now I've never had thrush before but pretty sure that's what I have as was on antibiotics for urine infection and that's when it started its just so itchy and feels a but swollen started off at the front but now goes right the way to the back! Sorry tmi! It seems to get worse at night so hoping this sorts it out! X

I was advised not to use the applicator, I just used my finger as if I was using a non applicator tampon: it's a balance between getting it in the right place so it's high enough & doesn't fall out but isn't too high to cause damage. I'd never used them but a 3 day course sorted me right out!x

I hope it sorts it out. I assume you use non bio washing powder? Panty liners, esp scented ones, can also aggravate it.let your foof breathe as much as poss, I.e. go pantless at home. ;-P
Natural yoghurt is very soothing too.:)
Xx

Yeah I think it is worse at night, and it starts of just being a little itch so you give it a scratch and before you know it you wish you wouldn't have touched it lol all hell breaks loose! Thrush is a bloody nightmare. And I have to say that having it while being pregnant is worse because of extra discharge anyway and when it's roasting like this it's just crap! lol what a bunch of lovely girls we are :p x

See the gp never said not to use the applicator neither did pharmacist and as I'd never used it it said on my prescription to use as instructed so I just read the leaflet inside and done it that way is there a reading why you shouldn't use the applicator?

Thanks for the advice ladies I really hope it clears up soon! X

I'd like to know the reasons behind not using the applicator too. Is this just during pregnancy, or at all times?

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27