A bit snotty :S

MrsHope

Reaction score
LO is a little bit snotty and she is not even 3 weeks old yet and I'm a bit worried especially with her heart condition. I noticed one nostril was a bit drippy yesterday and today the snot in that nostril was dry. I can hear her trying to breathe through her nose. I don't think it's bothering her and she's still sleeping. Anyone else's newborn get a snotty nose? Is there anything I should do? :S x

I find Rian is really nasaly esp at night i hear him more i was worried he had a cold but really dont think he has. Not much help i know but your not alone xx

That's great! Thanks hun, it's handy to know! Didn't really think about it until we came to bed. They make the funniest noises whilst sleeping don't they? Lol xx

I was told they can have a lot of muck in their system for a while after birth which gives them a snotty nose. My lo had it for a while, I think it's all the fluids they 'breath' in while inside us, obviously if it gets worse ask your GP or HV :)

My boy sounds terrible, and has done since birth. I was really worried because he also has a little hole in the heart, but doctor says its totally normal, even though my little girl is totally silent. He makes some horrendous noises at night. I have brought a humidifier to help moisten the air because it is so dry here.
You are not alone Mrshope ;)

Harry's very snotty at night and has been for a while (he's 15 weeks now). It doesn't help that he's a tummy sleeper too. He also has blocked tear ducts (since 2 days old) an i think that may add to te sniffling. Hope your LO is less snuffly soon but it is totally normal i'm afraid x

My boy sounds terrible, and has done since birth. I was really worried because he also has a little hole in the heart, but doctor says its totally normal, even though my little girl is totally silent. He makes some horrendous noises at night. I have brought a humidifier to help moisten the air because it is so dry here.

Thanks Nikki :) it's good to know we're not alone. Ruby has two holes and one it quite big so she may need an operation between 3-6 months :( Sometimes these holes fix themselves so fingers crossed for us both! Maybe it's because of this they make funny noises!? Xxx

Thanks Nikki :) it's good to know we're not alone. Ruby has two holes and one it quite big so she may need an operation between 3-6 months :( Sometimes these holes fix themselves so fingers crossed for us both! Maybe it's because of this they make funny noises!? Xxx

I wondered the same thing but doctor dismissed it.
Hospital said he had just a small hole that would heal byitself, but he has been putting on weight so fast that it sounded a little worse last week. He had a thoroughcheck over and pulse measured, but everything was ok and they didnt want to bring his heart appointment forward because of it. So he hasan assessment on the 22ndof august. OH had one whenhe was a baby and his closed just fine.
Its really common hon, i am certain your little girl will be just fine :) xxxxxx

The people who make calpol do a saline solution suitable from birth so its completely safe, its about £3 something i think which is quite dear cus you can get drops cheaper but this comes in a spray and you squirt it up each nostril. As its only saline you can use it as often as needed.
I used it on my baby at weeks old as she was so snuffly and snorty and it really helped her x

I wondered the same thing but doctor dismissed it.
Hospital said he had just a small hole that would heal byitself, but he has been putting on weight so fast that it sounded a little worse last week. He had a thoroughcheck over and pulse measured, but everything was ok and they didnt want to bring his heart appointment forward because of it. So he hasan assessment on the 22ndof august. OH had one whenhe was a baby and his closed just fine.
Its really common hon, i am certain your little girl will be just fine :) xxxxxx

1-2% of children are apparently born with it. She was referred straight away to the Freeman in Newcastle. We go back next week for another scan to see what's going on with the larger hole.

Putting on weight must surely be a good thing for them in the healing process.

You will have to let me know how you get on at his appointment in Aug!

Ruby has a huge clump of snot up one nostril. I think I found the culprit of the silly noises lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back