A bit of reassurance!

Emilyandbump

Reaction score
Hi, i know im a few days off being in tri 3, but i needed to speak to you ladies with big bumps!

Basically im coming up to 27 weeks (as you can see) and since i was 24 weeks baby has been growing VERY quickly, when he moves he feels massive! i can feel his head down in my pelvis, but legs and bum very high up. Anyway thing im worried about is my stomach is being very squashed and my lungs feel like they are aswell, and breathless alot. I didnt get this at this stage with my 1st until i was 34 weeks (ish!) and he was 8lb 4oz.
I didnt get it at all with my other two cos they weighed alot less. (7lb 1oz and 6lb 14oz)

Could is just be the position hes laying or carrying different? Im scared of him being really big! :shock:

I'm just so uncomfortable and heavy already, didnt think i'd feel like this at 26+ weeks!

xx

I worry about that too! I don't have previous pregnancies to compare it to though, but with the movements and how intense they are sometimes, it's like he wants to break out of me! But all the scans I've had have come back saying he's completely normal for his gestation and growing fine (so I think it's all in my head!)

Have your scans come back saying your LO is a little on the large side? If not then I don't think you have much to worry about. And if you want your mind putting at ease, mention it at your next MW appointment :)

Not sure if your MW is the same, but mine started measuring my bump from my 25 week appointment.

Last edited:
Every pregnancy is different Hun. If you have concerns, mention it to your midwife. But I don't think they start doing measurements until about 32 weeks? I was worried I was big and had to have growth scan. But all is settled now. Although midwife reckons I'll have a "good sized" baby. Lol.xx

Thanks. Well at my 20 week scan, he was measuring a week ahead. Not sure if that counts or not! I cant remember when they start measuring from, but i think it may be from the 28 week appt which i have on the 20th.
you'd think i'd be an expert with it being my 4th lol. But ive been losing weight even though i eat alot! i weight less now then before being pregnant! But cos my stomachs being squashed im stuggling to eat! Think i'll have to mention that to mw aswell! Grr cant believe ive got another 13+ weeks of this lol, wish i could hibernate till april lol xx

Hey hun I wouldn't worry they docs said this to me when I had my 20 week he was was about 6oz more than what he should be and MW said same when she measured me at 26 weekp apt, she also told me that he might not have such a massive growth spurt in the last few weeks so he might come out at a good weight and not be larger! (When my mom was having me she was 10 days over and I weighed 9lbs 6oz!!) XxX

Hi hun measuring 2cm over or under is fine, im measuring 3-4 over and on the growth scan its a large baby but the movements etc don't feel under massive pressure or anything. It could just be the baby in a funny position or something. If your worried mention it to your midwife and she may keep an eye on the measurments and possibly book you in for a growth scan- but even then they dont do anything different your still left to give birth the same lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back