A bit gross, but here goes!

Chrissi

Reaction score
Hi, so as long as I've wanted to be a mummy I've been mesmerised by birth and it's always something I wanted to do.
Now I'm in my last trimester I am actually so scared it's unreal. Nit so much about pain, but mainly about pooing during the birth and people seeing my bum hole!! Lol! Let's face it, it isn't what it used to be before constipation and piles!

Will I actually worry about this In labour? If everything carries on well I'll be in the MLU, and hoping to make use of the birthing pool and the stool (I've never seen one of those!)

Thanks chrissi

Don't worry once you are in labour I don't think you will worry about it and think of how many different bum holes they have seen, I'm sure they have seen a lot worse. I pooed in my last labour twice but they just whisk it away in the paper and just say it means you are pushing right! They do say you have a clear out before hand anyway but I was induced so never had that bit. Xx

Apparently not a lot of ppl know they have done it and the mw so used to clearing up, I'd be the same but its nothing they haven't all seen before

i dont think i'll mind/notice whilst in labour but quite anxious about having it all out for a sweep! got to try not to worry about it and just think of the end result :)

I am sure I did whilst in labour. I even asked my midwife if I had, and she said no. She was such a sweetie, just wiped my arse and carried on! I couldn't have cared less. I still see her now (both as a friend and I'm lucky she's my midwife again) and I can honestly say that I've never even thought about it. It's just another fun labour story ;-). xx

I'm sure I will have popped during labour but I've never asked my oh, I don't really want to know but everything is so tight and close down there.

Slightly unrelated but we live on a farm and at lambing time I deliver God knows how many lambs and the sheep nearly always poo when you have to help them, I've always been super nice to the sheep and quickly cleaned it away in the hope that when I gave birth the midwife would treat me the same lol

Its honestly the last thing you will be thinking about. I mean crikey I had a nurse out a pessary up my bum when I had a forceps delivery. You literally do not care what happens xx

You really won't care. I was stark naked on all fours with 3 midwives and 2 paramedics popping in and out all getting a right eyeful. They are professionals and have definitely seen it all before and won't bat an eyelid so no need to be embarrassed.

Hi :wave:

Honestly, I didn't give a fiddlers if I had pooped or peed during labour :lol: It was something that I was kinda worrying about too. My OH kindly let me know afterwards that I did and said that the MW swiftly cleans away so there's no smell. I didn't know if I had or not tbh.

It's never nice to have to put your nether region bits on show :lol: but just think of how many bum holes they see on a daily basis :lol: and I bet there are some that are far unhygienic than others. I always carry toilet wipes or wet wipes with me and do a quick clean before I have to get a down below check ;) Just means that I feel a bit more comfortable being that bit more cleaner. x

A lot of women poop in labour.

I did. I remembered thinking to myself, I've just pooped. I felt it! But I couldn't have cared less!

I also had some Dr man stick his finger up my arse to check for tears and give a pain killer. Couldn't have cared less.

That was after he emptied my bladder with a catheter and delivered my son via ventous!

When you are in the full swing of labour, you really won't worry.

The queen herself and the entire cast of cats could have walked in and I couldn't have given two hoots!!

Giving birth is such an experience- I'm looking forward to doing it again!!

XX

Wow, thanks ladies �� this makes things better hearing all your stories! I've had lots of internal examinations etc which don't bother me, so hopefully it'll be similar experience just with pain lol. And I'll have a beautiful baby girl at the end of it! Xxx

It was my biggest fear ... And boy did I go for it ! ... I knew I needed a poo , asked to go to the loo but was already about to push so they told me no !

The placed a sheet of something underneath me and I pood and pood big runny poo standing up , and the kept coming and wiping my bum as I did it ... I didn't care !

Now I'm frightened again of pooing ... I know I will .... I'm going to try and keep regular with my poos ... But I bet it happens again xxx

Let's all hope for the surge of diarrhoea in the early stages to make sure we're cleared out!
Birdo, that made me giggle, and the fact you're prepared for it to happen again proves it can't be too bad xxx

Usually your body will have a good natural clear out before labour anyway. That was one sign I knew it was for real, I poo'd like 3 times overnight! Then didn't go 2 days after. Your body prepares itself!

Ive been tracking mine after I was badly constipated a few weeks ago as my mw said if I was having trouble going, as ive planned a section I need to go let them know if ive not been.

When I was in labour I shouted "I'm pooing and I don't care!" Apparently my husband, the two midwives and the consultant had a little giggle to themselves, but I genuinely did not give a crap! ;) see what I did there ;) haha!

I was really worried about this too, but after delivery i asked midwife to be honest and she said i didnt poop during labour. But like othrs have said you honestly wont care. X

With both previous births I've either not done it or been far too occupied I really haven't noticed?? But then usually you have a big clear out before!

I was worried about pooing , I didn't in the end but like everyone else says you will honestly not care ! I ended up puking on myself and stood stark naked with two nurses cleaning me up .. And then a doctor shoving two pessaries up my bum afterwards too! I had stitches and had them inspected and to top it all off I had anal fissures and the doctor had to check them the other day .. Honestly they've seen it all before and you just don't care :) good luck xx

Ok girls I get the poo thing, and everyone seeing my bum hole.... But is this with or without piles? I have a whole new level of embarrassment that is worrying me! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back