A bit concerned ***updated***

lulu

Reaction score
Hi guys, after slight sexual intercourse last night I have had very mild and quite faint brown discharge. I noticed it when I wiped after going to the loo, and it has left a small amount on my underwear. I am worried something is going wrong!

It is only a small amount but I am getting stitch like pains!

Any one any advice, experience of this? :(

I've heard that intercourse can trigger braxton hicks-like contractions of the uterous and it can cause a small amount of bleeding/discharge.
I don't think you've any need to worry but it's probably worth calling your midwife/doctor/nhs direct, just for peace of mind :)

not sure it feels like braxton hicks????? don't think I experienced them with Jack.

I had bleeding at 19 weeks. After rushing to hospital and finding out baby was OK I only half listened when the midwife told me why I had bled (after doing an internal inspection) as I was so relieved, so this will sound a bit vague and not be 100% accurate. The neck of my womb is squishy like the inside of your cheek is so it grazes easily. This is normal and happens to lots of women. I was told not to worry too much if I just had slight bleeding (spotting) again but that I must go to hospital if had bleeding after 24 weeks.
Go get checked out. That way you will know what has happened and that everything is fine. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If it's brown then it shouldn't be too much to worry about, I think that if it's red which would mean that it's fresh and having pain then I'd be more concerned

I had a bleed at 11wks + 5 days, I also had one at 15 weeks with Jack but they were both red blood and quite a bit of it.

I went to the toilet around an hour ago and there was hardly anything there, what was there was brown, just like the very last bits of a period but less!

well, I have just been to the loo and the discharge has got redder! its still not much and Im not getting pain, a bit of discomfort but very slight.

Rang the hospital and I have to go in, god I hate this feeling!!!

I am blood group negative so have to have anti d anyway - again OH is on nights!!!! its always when he is on nights!!!

Im a little scared :( gone very cold and shivery :?

aww hun, i'll be thinking of you, hope the hospital goes ok. Take care of yourself sweetie xxxx :hug: :hug:

Aww im sorry you are having to go through this but im sure everything is fine. I would get yourself to the hospital and let them check you and baby over. Im sure its nothing to worry about and as you have bleeding before then im sure its fine this time too. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun :hug:

hope you ok, you'll be feeling shivery where you're anxious thats all :hug: :hug: :hug:

go get your anti-d. My SIL had the same, but bleeding everytime she had sexytime. Once she was bleeding alot. Hospital said she had cervical errosion from the sex. She is ok, and should drop anytime now...she's 38 weeks

xx

I'm trying to be calmer thinking 'I have bled before' but then I keep thinking if Im too calm and expect it to be ok it wont!

OH is on his way back from work 35-40 mins away, got to get jack out of bed and then drive to the hospital 15-20 mins away!!!

Hi guys, not long back from the hospital. They were so lovely!!!

I was taken into the room I had Jack which was a bit weird and brought back memories, also mad me realise what I will be going through again!!! :shock:

Anyway, things seem to be ok. They said they would take bloods and give me the anti d and probably just check me over and send me home. I asked if they would check to hear the heart beat, the midwife said not usually in case they couldn't find it and that would make me worry even more, but as I was obviously worried, she said she would if I wanted her to. It took some finding but they found it in the end and the registrar said it sounded nice and strong.
They gave me an internal to check the opening of the womb and apparently it all looks ok, there was a small amount of blood but she said she was not too concerned.

She said she would send me home but couldn't give me a 100% that it would all be ok but I guess that's normal practice.

They said as I had my scan soon I should be fine but if it got any worse or other symptoms or problems, just give them a call!

Absolutely fab midwife's and staff, and what a relief!!!

Fingers crossed all go's ok!!! :D

Glad you're back and ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: They probably say they can't be 100% sure to protect themselves from being sued and are just being over cautious

glad to hear it worked out ok and the staff were helpful - bet you are shattered today after that eventful night hope you get some rest later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back