9/10 month old and bedtime bottle

Rooster30

Reaction score
So my daughter has suddenly become largely uninterested in her bedtime bottle these days. Is this normal? For a couple of weeks now she just hasn't been bothered. She'll have 2/3oz then push the bottle away and be offended if I re-offer it. Only a couple of times has she taken the lot.

As she only has two bottles a day so I'm contemplating just putting the bedtime bottle somewhere during the day instead?

Sorry I can't help. My 9 month old still eats every 3 hours during the day, then another 1 or 2 bottles during the night. Despite eating 3 meals a day!

Oh my! Polar opposite of mine then! I'm not too worried as my girl is a chunk on the 91st. I just know milk is important when under a year old so worried she isn't getting enough. Think my HV said 20oz per day is ideal and I'm only getting in 12oz ish, if that. My HV was fine with her having 2x8oz as she makes up for it with plenty of calcium thanks to yoghurt, cheese and milk in cereal, but 12 oz seems to be stretching it a bit.

She does have her meal relatively close to bedtime (so family can eat together when the OH finishes work), so she just might not be all that hungry...

Think I'll try giving her two bottles during the day and see how she reacts to no bedtime bottle tomorrow...eek.

I think if they have under 16oz a day then you need to give them vitamin drops - that's what my HV told me. Some people get these for free, others don't, but I've found a bottle only costs a couple of pounds.

My baby probably has about 28 oz in a 24 hour period.

Maybe you could increase the amount they're having by including it in their meals? Making porridge with it, mashing it with veg etc.

Last edited:
Hi I have the same issue with my 8month old. He started dropping his milk at 5 months and he has now worked his way to 3 meals and 3 bottles (morning, afternoon and bedtime). Each bottle is 7 oz but he doesn't finish is afternoon and bedtime bottles infact in lucky if he takes any of his afternoon bottle.

Not much help but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone!

We had a problem with sickness where my lo was throwing up his bedtime bottle and half his dinner and concluded that he was probably getting overfull due to him not having his dinner until just over an hour before bedtime. We moved it do that instead of having a snack in the afternoon he had a bottle instead. We then gave him a couple of ounces of water before bed instead. This worked and we have slowly reintroduced the milk however he is only having 3-5 oz before bed instead of the 7-8 he was having before.

Obviously different circumstances but thought I would explain as we moved his bedtime bottle's worth of milk to around 4pm and it definitely worked. Now he is having some milk at bedtime he is now getting more milk than before which can only be a good thing as he only has a morning bottle other than this.

He is now starting to not finish his morning bottle all the time so might have to have a think about that one soon, lol. x

I would move it during the day and start offering water while she isn't interested. I have a nearly 3 year old, total opposite when it comes to his bottles. You can always get vitamin drops to put in other drinks or food so you don't have to worry about vitamin intake x

Thanks all. I have rearranged her bottles today. One at 10am and one at 4pm. She eats with the family at 5:30pm then bed for 6pm or shortly thereafter. Will see how she responds to no bedtime milk today :-s

Just put her to bed. She had a two second cry as I left the room but stopped within moments and no noise so far. Just like she usually does. So far she isn't too bothered. I introduced bedtime story yesterday, so I guess story now replaces milk at bedtime.

Fingers crossed all goes well. She ate really well at dinner so she shouldn't feel hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back