8wk injections

DaisyDoo

Reaction score
Just wondered what your little ones were like after their 8wk injections? Is there anything we should look out for?

Aaron was fine, no temp or anything.

I think babies can be a bit grizzly and get a temp - just keep an eye on it and give calpol if needed

My LO was a bit grumpier and more sleepy in the day than usual. He was also a bit unsettled that night. He had some swelling in one leg the day after where he'd had the jab, which the HV told me was a normal reaction. It was gone after a day.

Harry had sore legs, he kind of winced for a couple of days when I changed his nappy or got hold if him.

She cried while it was being done and after sobbed for a while (even her dummy wasn't good enough) the only thing that calmed her down was sucking on her Daddy's finger (nice) but after about 20 mins she feel into a deep sleep and was fine when she woke up.

It was the 3rd set of injections that effected her, she cried all day after them and drunk only about 300ml the whole day but with all injections her temp was fine.

Just keep an eye on her tempature....don't worry all will be fine :) x

thank you! im keeping everything crossed that she will be ok. she screamed and cried like ive never heard her do when she had them done, and did the same this afternoon - but she was also well past her feed at that point too so im hoping it was to do with that more than the injection!!!

poor babies, its so horrible for them isnt it - and for us too. I couldnt believe the size of the needle considering how small the babies are!

thank you! im keeping everything crossed that she will be ok. she screamed and cried like ive never heard her do when she had them done, and did the same this afternoon - but she was also well past her feed at that point too so im hoping it was to do with that more than the injection!!!

poor babies, its so horrible for them isnt it - and for us too. I couldnt believe the size of the needle considering how small the babies are!

Oh no! I was lucky with my son, they have two HV there so give both jabs at the same time. It meant I had to hold him on my lap so didn't see needles or his wee face. Think I would cry if I had to see him getting stuck! His next lot are this week. I'm dreading it!!

I took James' temp every few hours for 24h after all 3 sets, he was fine though.

xxxx

Last edited:
O had a wee cry at his then he was ok. I think his thighs hurt a wee bit because he was grizzly in people's arms, he was happier on his mat. He slept a tonne the next day but he was in ok form. No temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back