8 weeks, am i over worrying!?

emmanian

Reaction score
Hi i'm 8 weeks gone :). For 2 weeks solid i felt sick constantly & the thought/smell of food just turned my stomach (not good when i work in a kitchen!). The past 3 days the sickness seems to have calmed down loads. I still gag in a morning & still get waves of sickness but im worrying as its not as bad as it was... am i just over worrying or did anyone else find that their sickness calmed down? Please share your views, thank you :)

Yes hun everything sounds ok its normal, I wasn't lucky enough that it went away at 8 weeks but when it did i didnt feel pregnant at all for a while. because there was no movement or sickness or anything for a few weeks but then you start to get the kicks and then feel pregnant again lol x

I'm just over 8 weeks too hun, and mine seems to have eased so I'm just feel a bit off colour in the morning. I'm just hoping it doesn't come back with a vengeance!

Hi Emmanian!
Im 6 1/2 weeks - started getting nausea last week, which steadily got worse up to Saturday where the smeel/thought of food made me feel sick. Luckily I wasn't actually sick though!

Then yesterday and today I have felt a bit better - been a bit excited about the idea of eating, but am really thirsty, feel absolutely stuffed (even though Ive eaten normal amounts of food) and feel a little nauseous but not too bad.

I have no idea if this is normal or not?! But it sounds like you have had a similar experience as me - although mine has lasted about a week in total now.

It's very odd, my body feels so alien to me with all the funny feelings and cramps etc - I don't know if any of it is good or bad!!

my sickness vanished pretty much overnight at 9.5 weeks. i was worried but everything is fine! x

I wouldn't worry too much everyone experiences symptoms differently and for different amounts of time. The sickness and nausea didn't stop for me until about 25 weeks which was so hard to deal with :(

Last edited:
Hi i'm 8 weeks gone :). For 2 weeks solid i felt sick constantly & the thought/smell of food just turned my stomach (not good when i work in a kitchen!). The past 3 days the sickness seems to have calmed down loads. I still gag in a morning & still get waves of sickness but im worrying as its not as bad as it was... am i just over worrying or did anyone else find that their sickness calmed down? Please share your views, thank you :)

You're lucky it's eased off a little bit! Most women keep it until their second trimester! I had it until week 14 :( horrible isn't it!

Try not to worry about it, everything will be fine. Just be pleased that it's eased a bit (for the moment anyway!) :D

Hi all thank you all so much for your views & feelings it has eased me a bit. I feel a bit better worrying wise as i have felt sick quite a few times today! It sounds as though if i get away with feeling like this im one of the lucky ones compared to some stories!! x

Hi all thank you all so much for your views & feelings it has eased me a bit. I feel a bit better worrying wise as i have felt sick quite a few times today! It sounds as though if i get away with feeling like this im one of the lucky ones compared to some stories!! x

Enjoy it while it lasts I reckon! :D

Yes i plan to lol!! No doubt with how i have felt today its my punishment for thinking any other! x

Hi emmanian,
I'm just behind you in terms of dates. My nausea and sickness started at 5 weeks and it was dreadful, all day and in the night. However, since Monday I have only been getting the awful sickness in the morning and then just suffering from a low level of nausea for the rest of the day. To be honest, I'm very relieved. I'm still suffering but its such an improvement.
And fair play to you! How on earth did you work in a kitchen? My kitchen hasn't been used by me for the best part of 3 weeks. My poor DD is frustrated at eating warmed up crap or takeaway that her dad sorts out when he gets home from work. I'll be very glad when I can get back to proper cooking and us all sitting down for a meal in the evening together. Fingers crossed.

Hi Fordee, i still dont know how i work in a kitchen because at home i cant stand the smell of my oven when its switched on! Know what you mean about the cooking!! Think the last time i cooked was day after boxing day, my husband has been doing it! Your sickness sounds pretty the same as mine! I just had no sickness for 3 days solid then slowly its come back but no where near as bad as it was thank god! I have also started to go off my food again a little but again not as bad as before. Think everyone worries until we have our little darlings in our arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back