8 months and off his formula?

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi :)

Things have been going mostly well with weaning for Harry and he's on 3 meals a day, plus about 15 - 20oz formula, which our HV said was fine, but the last couple of days he's been off his formula.

Normally by now today he would have had about 9oz, but so far today he's only wanted 3.5oz and he was the same yesterday. Bit worried as although he's eating quite well I thought it was important for him to have formula too for the vitamins etc. Not sure what to do. Is this a phase? Anyone else have experience of this?

Thanks xx

Oh yeah...Amelie refused all of her bottles since yesterday...
I just leave it to it as what else can I do???
Offer him whatever he wants, five him cheese and yogurt, cereal with milk etc and he will be fine.
Maybe his teeth are bothering him??
You can't do much other than offer him milk and water and he will eventually start drinking again

Also maybe the heat is bothering him? My lo has been a bit fussy with food and formula the last couple of days and he is normally really good. I am just making sure i offer him milk and water often and hoping it's just a bit of a phase. Could also be teething too. Hope all is better soon x

Maybe it is teething, but he seems to be eating not too bad, so I wasn't sure it was that. Maybe sucking on the bottle hurts his gums, but he seems fine with his sippy cup and water. I don't know these babies! Like you say Hope, hopefully he'll be back on his milk soon and there's not much I can do! xxx

Just keeping offering it hun, it's all you can do. Does he usually have it warmed up? I've found that in this heat, Ethan won't touch warmed up milk like he usually has. Out of desperation I tried giving it at room temperature and he guzzled the whole thing!
Ethan only has 12oz of milk per day plus 3 meals, so your LO has quite a lot anyway so I wouldn't worry too much. I'd just too up as much as possible with lots of milk in cereal, yoghurts and cheese.

Xx

Ok greg is 6 months Nd if it were up to him hed have NO milk....I offer it all the time and he takes what he takes...hes currently going through a growth spurt but I would say he ate more than my almost 3 yr old for dinner tonight..... seriously.....id keeo an eye on it.....for dehydration and otherwise ensure theres a fully varied and rich diet available x

Oh ad in the heat greg has it COLD xx

Aaron wont touch his milk either at the minute, think its the heat

I think they just go through phases of not wanting it. I've panicked several times over this and then the next day shd will guzzle her milk! Teething def doesn't help. Just go with it Hun. Babies know what they need and I've learned you can't force them to have something they just don't want! Just make sure he's having plenty of water. Xx

Yeah, he's been better today :) had 14oz so I guess it was the heat or something. Actually I gave it to him this eve and he finished it, so maybe will do that with all his feeds... He drinks water throughout the day so not worried about dehydration too much. I will try not to worry if he doesn't want it again, but that's what us mummys do! Like you say Tanya, I'm he knows what he needs and at the end of the day I can't force him to take it! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back